At Splunk, the Emerging Technology Partner Technical Manager (PTM) is a member of a global-level group of experts, builders, and leaders. We drive customer success and innovation in Splunk’s and our partner’s products and customers worldwide. The Emerging Technology Partner Technical Manager will leverage their deep technical experiences to equip Splunk’s partners and field technical teams with the best capabilities to drive new use cases and solution delivery for the Splunk Platform. A PTM will be creating and leading strategic initiatives that continue to position Splunk as the Unified Security and Observability Platform. A PTM must have deep technical capability across Cloud Technologies, Microservices Architectures, Multi-cloud, Hybrid, Cloud Migrations, Cloud Workloads, Cloud Native Technologies, Infrastructure as Code, Kubernetes, OpenTelemetry, App Development, Mobile, and Edge Computing. Our team engages with partners and their customers to deliver cutting edge integrations and capabilities, with an eye towards influencing both company direction and the industry at large. This role requires a creative, technical doer empowered to make a difference and have fun doing it!
This PTM role will focus on Emerging Technologies. In the short and medium term, that means IoT and IIoT data and how it can be merged with other machine data for unique and high value use cases driven by our global partners.
As an integral member of the Global Partner Technical Strategy team, you will own the ideation and development of technical assets to help our partners create and deliver new solutions and help “enable by doing” our own field technical sales teams in selling and creating interest and leads in our customer base all around new and emerging technologies. The current “Emerging Technology” focus is on Edge computing and Edge data collection and use cases.
- Work with our partners and our own global partner, product, marketing, technical sales, and customer success organizations to ideate and develop new initiatives for growth;
- Strategize with account teams on how to best position Splunk’s Emerging Technology portfolio to achieve partner and customer success;
- Provide expert industry knowledge at partner and customer executive meetings;
- Create external facing presentations to convey the value of Splunk’s Emerging Technology and our Partner solutions built around them;
- Host an internal webinar to up-level our partners and our own account teams in relevant edge/IoT/IIoT and emerging technologies;
- Present in coordination with our partners at an external industry conferences;
- Contribute to blog posts to our external blog site and those of our partners detailing a recent engagement or development;
- Architect and contribute to demo creation on relevant technologies;
- Provide strategic guidance to our product teams and be willing to not only alert on issues, but to proactively help solve them.
- Develop and lead deep-dive, hands-on workshops and whiteboard sessions with partners and their customers that prove the value of Splunk’s Emerging Technology to their organization and help earn partner/customer technical trust.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience in Cloud, ITOps/Observability, Security, Big Data, Edge, IoT, IIoT, or closely related fields;
- Deep understanding of current technologies and overall technology trends;
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in three or more of the following areas: IoT, IIoT, environmental and industry data and protocols (OPC-UA, Modbus, etc), Edge Computing, Cloud Technologies, Microservices Architectures, Cloud Native Technologies, Infrastructure as Code, Kubernetes, OpenTelemetry, App Development, and Mobile;
- Previous experience as a practitioner in a specific discipline in either a research, consulting or operations role is required;
- Demonstrable experience delivering technology evangelism and enablement;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills with a portfolio of works to demonstrate acumen;
- Self-motivated problem solver in highly complex environments;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience;
- Ability to travel up to 25%.