Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
As Splunk Partner Technical Manager (PTM) you will be responsible for driving growth through your assigned Global SI and SP partners. Working closely with the channel sales team, sales engineering and consulting team you will ensure the technical excellence and adoption through technical account planning, evangelization and education on product and selling strategies.
The PTM is responsible for all technical enablement of assigned GSI’s and SPs partners. Understanding the partners business model and current capabilities whilst developing new strategies is key. The PTM is also responsible for the development of a Technical Account Plan, and this should be constructed in accordance to the requirements of the Splunk Partner+ program, the channel sales team and the partner needs.
The PTM drives excitement and interest in Splunk by evangelizing on new use-cases, services and solutions based on the Splunk platform - on-premise or in the cloud. The PTM will drive growth with the partner and ensure the Partner is investing in additional technical capabilities.
The PTM must manages strong working relationship with key stakeholders within Splunk and the Partner. This ensures efficient work on a given opportunity as well as having the right resources in place at the right time. Building this technical community will lead to partner engineers advocating for Splunk at their customers and help driving growth.
Where a Partner need support from Splunk the PTM will engage in opportunities. He will support those by training the partner through shadowing or by pairing the Partner technical lead with the appropriate Splunk Account
PTM is responsible the correct Splunk resources are known and utilized properly by the partner. The PTM will stay on top of all key pre-sales activities in order to ensure the Partner needs are being addressed in time.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to travel 50%.
- 5+ years experience in selling Enterprise software solutions or services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred to have a strong network at Global System Integrators and MSPs.
- Create and deliver passionate and motivating presentations, both business-focused and technical.
- Demonstrate our solutions to partners and customers on-site and remotely.
- Present our solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Work with partners to deliver and lead Proof of Value engagements to a successful outcome.
- Answer complex business and technical questions, addressing customer and partner concerns.
- Work closely with pre-sales teams to continually improve operating rhythm and pre-sales processes.
- Conduct workshops, enablement, and partner certification sessions.
- Advocate for our channel partners to ensure they have a voice within the Splunk community.
- Overcome sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Communicate and deliver product messaging at all levels, from an SE-level deep dive to a C-level elevator pitch.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Domain experience in at least one of the following areas: Big Data,Machine Learning, Application Performance Management, Security & Compliance, Web Analytics, Operational Intelligence, ITOA, App/Dev Lifecycle, and Internet of Things
- A knowledgeable understanding of the business challenges, drivers, technology, and market challenges of big data/machine data in different verticals
- Bachelor of Science degree in EE, CE, Computer Science, MIS, or Business
- Previous experience working in or with Value Added Resellers or System Integrators.
- Understanding of primary sales drivers for channel partners. i.e. Margin/MDF.
- Ability to participate in account/business planning sessions to identify new and follow-up solution, services, and education opportunities
- Ability to develop and articulate business value
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!