As a Partner Engineer, your mission is to drive Splunk’s adoption by empowering our global strategic partners to serve our mutual customers better. To that end, you will be responsible for integrating partner technologies with Splunk’s portfolio of solutions which support sales plays and marketing campaigns. You will collaborate with multiple teams in Splunk and the partner ecosystem. You must be able to engage at a technical level to assist with architecture and development initiatives. At times you may be the core developer for a Splunk integration and at times you may be responsible for validation of a solution or product architecture. Long term relationship management with our partners will make you effective in helping them develop viable solutions from which our mutual customers may benefit.
A key component to this role is articulating and demonstrating Splunk’s mission statement: To make machine data valuable, accessible, and usable by everyone. A strong knowledge of security, application management, and IT Operations is a necessity. You should be comfortable discussing issues of scale and fostering innovation in a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
A successful partner engineer will not only develop and maintain solutions but extend personal knowledge related to evolving and newly-emerging technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and apply them to build more pragmatic solutions.
- Help define partner integration strategies to enhance Splunk’s market position
- Own and drive technical aspects for partner related projects and collateral
- Work with product management, engineering, marketing, field sales, and corporate product development to identify prospective partners to augment Splunk’s offerings
- Develop and support Splunk integrations such as Apps or Add-ons
- Evaluate prospective partners for technical and business fit with Splunk’s strategy
- Evangelize and demonstrate Splunk solutions to partners
- Help partners create prototypes of technical solutions, support them in their development, and review the quality of their solutions
- Help partners, customers, and Splunk field sales with understanding and implementation of partner solutions
- Promote and describe Splunk’s ecosystem by posting blogs; speaking at conferences; and meeting with industry experts, partners, and Splunk customers and prospects
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (e.g., computer science, electrical engineering, information systems, or similar) -- exceptionally well-qualified candidates with equivalent experience will be considered
- Possess hands-on, working-level expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform to serve as a trusted adviser to our partners. Professional certifications are a plus
- Experience working with large-scale enterprises and complex technical environments; preferably related to the Splunk Platform
- Familiarity with products, companies, and solutions in Security and/or IT marketplace is desirable
- General knowledge of security, networking, server, database, and enterprise applications
- Self-motivated and self-educating, but willing to collaborate with partners and fellow Splunkers
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus or commission and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $129,600 - 178,200 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
Base Pay Range: $121,600 - 167,200 per year
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.