Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Partner Development Manager (PDM)
The Partner Development Manager is responsible for creating and implementing effective
account development and management strategies in order to win strategic revenue
opportunities that create mutual value with selected partners
• Create and execute strategic partner business plans
• Develop business relationships at all levels, across all departments, including sales, sales
management, product marketing, procurement, marketing, technical support and
Build professional relationships with key executives
• Maintain list of key partner contacts
• Create and maintain partner profiles
• Identify short and long-term partner revenue opportunities
• Engage appropriate Vendor resources to move deals through the sales cycle
• Accurately forecast account sales
• Provide sales training to partner sales teams
• Identify technical skill gaps within each partner & Build plans to address technical skills
• Understand and communicate all Vendor channel programs
• Communicate the partner’s programs and initiatives to vendor territory teams
• Keep partners informed of product announcements/promotion plans, channel
programs, and trends in the industry
• Work with assigned product managers to successfully manage product launches,
product promotions, and product phase out plans
• Execute quarterly vendor-wide initiatives
• Create marketing plans and develop ROI analysis on all expenditures
• Work with the partner marketing team to implement and track success of marketing
• Exceed assigned revenue objectives
• Maintain high levels of partner satisfaction
● Minimum of 5 years experience with high tech hardware and security sales required
(or equivalent experience)
● Experience working with Large DMR’s like CDW
● Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience desired
● Demonstrated success in penetrating partner accounts
● Able to present moderately complex Vendor value propositions and solutions to
director/executive level contacts
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Computer skills to include Excel, Word, databases, Outlook
● General knowledge of security industry/solutions required; knowledge of IP networking
and routing, security technology, VPN SSL/IPsec desired
● Good interpersonal skills including experience in sales situations; self starter
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun.
From San Francisco to Shanghai, Splunkers work in 25+ offices across the globe.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Hear from Splunkers on the latest.
Culture of Inclusion: Splunkers Share Their Stories
Follow Splunk on LinkedIn for job announcements, company news, and more.