Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Partner Development Manager, you will be responsible for crafting and implementing effective account development and management strategies in order to win strategic revenue opportunities that build mutual value with selected partners.
- Work with reseller channel partners and sales teams (Regional Managers, Technical Consultants and Inside Reps) promoting cooperative selling to the enterprise.
- Build strategic relationships with senior decision-makers within our key partners and ensure they are mapped to Splunk management.
- Recruit partners specialized in specific domains
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to Splunk’s sales rules of engagement.
- Manage and be the main point of contact for partners.
- Aggressively work to maximize partner total sales potential through best practices, training and support.
- Communicate masterfully with partners on products and service offerings.
- Create systems and procedures to streamline partner management.
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects.
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills.
- Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using the Salesforce automation tool.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotations.
- Develop Management Objective Plans with all partners and align goals and objectives consistent with corporate strategy. Align sales, marketing, and services activities against these goals.
Requirements I’ve already done that or have that!
- A proven track record in the channel and direct selling experience selling IT infrastructure solutions to medium and large Enterprises.
- Track record of success and knowledge with Enterprise VARs and Systems Integrators in the defined territory.
- Strong executive presence and polish; motivation, energy and passion
- Outstanding management, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management.
- Map Splunk partner organization to Splunk corporate organization, ensuring free cooperation and communication.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.