The EMEA Partner & Alliances organization is made up from the best individuals in the business managing our Distribution, Alliance, MSP, Service Provider & Strategic Reseller partnerships. We are an energetic, passionate team of innovators with a relentless drive to succeed and drive the business forward. We understand that Partners come in all shapes and sizes and not one management solution works for all of them; this is where the expertise of your partner management and relationship building skills come in. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Splunk’s key clients and understand how our range of product and program offerings can grow their business.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We are searching for an experienced Partner Manager (m/f/d) for Germany.
The ideal candidate will have proven success building and running a complex enterprise business with and through partners and will be highly skilled at translating strategic objectives into a clearly defined, executable business plan. This is a highly visible role and candidates should have proven I.T. Channel credibility and recognition. The ideal candidate will have relationships at all levels and will already have been successful building a business within major partners in Germany.
Responsibilities include expanding relationships with existing partners as well as recruiting and developing new ones. You will establish and execute sales plans and go-to-market strategies to grow revenue in accordance with quota targets. You work closely with our sales organization in a fast-paced environment facilitating cooperative account and opportunity development. The position will require lot of travel as you will provide training and support partners making joint sales calls and closing deals.
This position is a field-based role to manage the efficacy of the partnerships of our most strategic partners; delivering revenue growth above the growth rate of the country, and across multiple parts of the portfolio. The ideal candidate will be able to build a long-term strategic engagement with named partners, become a trusted advisor to those partners and be able to affect investment decisions. They will also have a track record of getting results through managing virtual teams and successfully orchestrating resources both internally and externally.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Work with reseller channel partners and sales teams (Regional Managers, Technical Consultants and Inside Reps) promoting cooperative selling to enterprise.
- Create strategic relationships with senior decision makers within our key partners and ensure they are mapped to Splunk management.
- Recruit partners specialized on specific domains
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to Splunk’s sales rules of engagement.
- Manage and be the main point of contact for partners.
- Aggressively work to maximize partner total sales potential through best practices, training and support.
- Communicate masterfully with partners on products and service offerings.
- Create systems and procedures to streamline partner management.
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects.
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills.
- Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using the SalesForce automation tool.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Attend and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotations.
- Conduct contract negotiations.
- Develop Management Objective Plans with all partners and align goals and objectives consistent with corporate strategy. Align sales, marketing, and services activities against these goals.
- Map Splunk partner organization to Splunk corporate organization, ensuring free cooperation and communication.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- A proven track record in channel and direct selling experience selling IT infrastructure solutions to medium and large Enterprise.
- Track record of success and knowledge with Enterprise VARs and Systems Integrators in the defined territory.
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
Solid, proven, relevant experience: Got it!
- Significant Field Channel Sales and Strategic Partnership development.
- Demonstrable innovation.
- Creation and execution of partner plans and programs.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Executive presence and credibility.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned goals and targets.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Energy and passion.
- Stable and consistent work history
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.