Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! CLICK HERE
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Partner Account Manager - DoD/Intel
Location: Washington DC area
We are searching for a bold, experienced Partner Account Manager for the Public Sector DoD/Intel team. You will have a measurable track record of success selling and enabling IT solutions through a partner ecosystem. Responsibilities include expanding relationships with existing partners as well as developing incremental business to add Splunk to their practice and portfolio.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
- Work with the Federal DoD/IC sales team (Regional Director, Account Managers, SE’s, Business Development and Inside Reps) to maximize partner leverage across the Federal DoD/IC Region
- Purposefully work to maximize partner sourced sales pipeline potential through best practices, training and support
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to Splunk’s sales and partner rules of engagement
- You will lead and be the main point of contact for the partner ecosystem as partners engage in contract capture, RFP responses, and dedicated campaigns
- Communicate masterfully with the partners on products and service offerings
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects and increase awareness in the Federal DoD/IC Region
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills.
- Provide weekly reporting of partner pipeline and forecast using the Salesforce automation tool
- Keep up to date on major Federal programs and map Splunk to solution requirements utilizing partner ecosystem
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, business reviews, product seminars and trade shows
- Prepare and present company initiatives, product overview, partner program framework, and programmatic Federal campaigns
- Deep understanding of GSA contract, ESI, SEWP, and other Federal vehicles landscape
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years channel and/or direct selling experience selling IT infrastructure solutions and services to the Federal marketplace
- Track record of success and knowledge with partners in the Federal sales arena.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of enabling partners to close six and seven figure deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, constantly evolving environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Knowledge of MSPs, migration services, cloud migrations are a plus
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.