Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat operational and analytics fanatic, with deep SaaS, Business Operations or Sales Operations experience? Do you enjoy ‘digging into the data’, mining for information, and finding ways to positively improve performance with insight? Would you like to play a key role in the success of our rapidly growing Customer Success and Software Renewals business? If so, Splunk is in need of an experienced, results-driven applicant with extraordinary skills in system, process and data operations to support a fast-moving and fast-growing team of Retention and Renewals experts.
The Operations Analyst will help drive and support operational excellence and performance insight, working alongside the Senior Operations Manager: deploying and maintaining a robust process, implementing tools and reporting infrastructure, engaging with internal business partners in a highly effective way, and delivering insight and analytics that drive key growth and scale imperatives.
- Engaging with and understanding the existing landscape of infrastructure, tools and data that are available to support Retention and Renewals, and how they can be adapted and evolved to support business transformation.
- Finding practical ways to bring together data and insights to monitor and direct the performance of the business.
- Being incredibly familiar and hands-on with the data and metrics of the business, able to adapt reporting and create visualizations that are needed for outward and upward communication.
- Finding opportunities to improve systems, process and data, eliminate gaps in performance insight and bring accurate and timely information to bear.
- Blending the urgency of immediate needs for tactical data with helping support and direct longer term, scalable strategies for the business’s operational and analytical needs:
- Working cross functionally with adjacent operations and analytics and business transformation teams to integrate data, process and metrics requirements into wider corporate initiatives
- Passionate about driving Splunk’s Cloud/Term renewal strategy, including: supporting target setting, coverage modeling, capacity planning and forecasting in partnership with Renewals, Sales, Sales Operations and Finance.
- Bring together win/loss reasons; capitalizing on wins as standard methodologies and identifying root cause for losses; targeting for improvement efforts.
- Helping prepare operational review content to present success to senior leadership; with focus on key drivers of renewal business.
- Overall, being a partner to the business, understanding and prioritizing work on the basis of the insight it can provide to positively and directly impact Splunk’s bottom line.
- 6+ years in a similar operational/analytics role: Supporting Sales Operations, Customer Success, Professional Services or similar.
- Practical, current, hands-on knowledge of data management and analytics solutions, such as Tableau (or similar), BI tools, scripting, SQL, and an absolute Excel Legend!
- Solid understanding of SaaS and/or Enterprise Sales business model with understanding of customer lifecycle measures and revenue streams.
- Experience supporting a quota carrying sales/renewals team and driving sales productivity.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Sales Infrastructure, such as Salesforce.com and Renewals Management/Recurring Revenue Management software (i.e. Gainsight).
- Familiar with execution within agile software delivery frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, Lean) especially for the automation of business processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective listening; composing clear, concise correspondence, internal policies, procedures, presentations, and reports.
- You possess a keen business insight with the ability to handle, analyze and track data for a sophisticated and often complex process.
- Strong analytical skills and can accurately summarize and present complex principles to an external audience
- Demonstrable ability to create, document, implement, measure and enhance processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively prioritize in complex business structures; thrives when working in a fast paced, high-growth, results oriented environment.
- Education: An academic background in a numerate discipline (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics) is a bonus, or similar foundational skills through experience
We value diversity at our company. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment applicants with arrest and conviction records.