Title: Named Account Manager-Commercial
Location: Vancouver, Canada office
Special Details: This is a Center of Excellence role that is office based with travel to remote accounts.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our solutions and seek to deliver the most possible value for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help us change the way companies make business decisions? If your answer is "yes" we have a home for you at Splunk. As a Named Account Manager, you will drive bookings in named account set of existing customers and new prospects in specific geographic regional. You will use your sales, negotiation and thought-leadership skills to prospect, solution and close accounts for Splunk's award-winning software into your geographic territory. You have a strong background of successfully selling software and services, and building advantageous, positive relationships with customers. You will leverage your Splunk Business Partner ecosystem to provide your business with reach, frequency and velocity.
You will meet/exceed assigned revenue goals working with a virtual team of Systems Engineers, Business Development, Channel, Field Marketing and other members of your Splunk ecosystem. You will follow up on leads, perform deep discovery, use product demos for qualified customers and lead the technical validation process. You know how to work "smarter" not harder and drive standard methodologies to ensure successes to win as a team. In addition, you will also successfully:
- Be responsible for the business by building and developing account relationships through personalized contact, understanding of account’s needs, and ability to communicate the value of Splunk Solutions
- Leading and Running sales campaigns and motions that build customer value and enable Multi-Year, Multi-Solution transactions.
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments and consistently deliver against that forecast
- Support Channel Partners to create net new customer opportunities and expansion opportunities in customer accounts.
- Develop and Execute Territory and Account Plans for repeatable business success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 5-7+ years of experience in selling enterprise IT software solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, enterprise applications, business processing outsourcing, risk management software or networking performance)
- Utilize a defined Sales Methodology (re: MEDDPICC, MEDDIC, Sandler, SPIN) for business needs/business pain understanding
- Successful experience running the entire sales cycle from start to finish and being responsible for your own quota
- Strong reputation of exceeding sales quota (you are in the top 5-10% on your sales team/organization)
- You have successfully owned and led the sales process (this is not an overlay or team quota)
- Consultative sales experience targeting relevant companies/businesses to help them to think differently about Data
- Successful in finding and uncovering opportunities with net new and existing accounts, via creative prospecting tactics and hunting activities
- Consistent track record of using a repeatable sales process for successful deal Finding, Engaging, Running and Closing
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent verbal, communication, presentation and social skills
- A rational, logical and analytical thinker
- You have shown strong technical aptitude and passionate about technology sales.
- Strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Powerpoint….Salesforce.com a plus
- Excellent listening skills with the attested ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a giving member of a team
- Willingness and Desire to learn new things and ways to be more efficient and effective
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Commute daily to our Splunk office (not a remote position and we are only able to consider those that are local) and visiting territory 1-3x per quarter
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience