Title: MSP Business Development Manager
Location: Flexible within Northern Europe
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We provide our employees with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.Role:
The Business Development Manager - MSP Alliances (individual contributor) will execute plans to accelerate and scale the growth of our business with Managed Service Providers (MSPs) & Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs), within the European North and Central regions. The MSP Business Development Manager is responsible for driving business development, sales and marketing initiatives, and engaging with the partners’ sales organization to drive new revenue opportunities for Splunk. Our goal is to have Splunk ‘designed in’ to the Service Providers’ Service Catalogues, so identifying the right teams within the SP, and driving these technical discussions will also be key.
You will also work alongside your fellow Splunk Partner Development Managers & Regional Sales Directors/ Managers to coach and educate on Splunk’s Service Provider Program, becoming a trusted advisor on all topics related to this Route To Market. Additionally, you will be involved in contract and legal discussions & pricing strategies.
Do you have passion for making your partners and customers successful? This could be the role for you, are you up for the challenge?
- You will establish a vision and plan to drive go-to-market activities with MSP, MSSP, & Pan European SP partners in the region, resulting in hyper revenue growth for Splunk.
- Ensure that Splunk is the preferred infrastructure, operations, and security intelligence solution for MSPs, MSSPs, & select regional SP partners in the region by ensuring Splunk is ‘designed in’ to their service catalogues
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals that we should target with MSPs, MSSPs in the region
- Educate & coach internal teams on the SP Program
- Engage in legal & contract discussions with Service Providers
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management teams – in EMEA and Global
- Develop and execute business plan, enablement plans to meet sales and delivery needs
- You will have min. 5+ years of strategic account sales and/or partner business development experience within the enterprise software and cloud space.
- 3+ years experience in driving Service Provider business (embedding software into the Service Catalogues of) top MSPs, MSSPs, & GSIs that operate in EMEA – such as OCD, NTT Security, T-Systems, Capgemini, Fujitsu, Indian GSIs and Regional SPs such as NCC/Fox-IT, CGI & SopraSteria
- Experience with direct sales (hunter/carried and exceeded quota) to large enterprises
- Successful track record of leading complex, strategic revenue generating partnerships
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with experience negotiating six and seven figure software licensing transactions
- Referenceable relationships with relevant MSP companies
- Experience defining, implementing and leading go-to-market activities
- Technical understanding of various IT architectures, data center operations and cloud services
- Experience in selling security software solutions specifically is required
- Identify joint collaboration activities and secure Marketing Development Funds from partners and Splunk to support joint GTM activities and thought leadership “Collaborate to Co-Innovate”
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in English and ideally one European language e.g. German, Dutch and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional teams
- Excellent SFDC skills
- Ability to travel pan-EMEA and overseas
- B.S. / B.A. required, technical majors a plus, i.e. engineering, computer science
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- A set of deeply talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Do you want to enlighten partners, and demonstrate how Splunk can transform their business? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- An open, considerate and collaborative culture. We provide our employees with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to choose your hours? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time, and believe that balance helps cultivate an excellent work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.