The Messaging and Collaboration Sr. Architect will provide direction to and ensure quality of work produced by multiple teams comprising of both operations and project teams. This challenge calls for a hands-on technical architect that will also help to analyze our Microsoft implementation with the expectation of ensuring documented accuracy and recommend changes towards improving operational excellence. The ability to propose out of the box solutions while being cost conscious is essential in this role. You will apply your IT project management experience and capabilities to provide direction and help facilitate deadlines towards multiple initiatives. You will promote accountability for quality and execution, particularly where commitments have been made to depending teams. Additional responsibilities will include Incident Management, Lifecycle Management, Tactics and Project Guidance, Security & Monitoring, Governance, Change Management, and Process improvements. Are you ready to create an impeccable brand for Splunk's Collaboration Team? Awesome, then we want to talk to you.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will use sound technical judgment, provide clear guidance to team members, and assist with removing barriers
- You will ensure proper incident management and overcome operational inefficiencies of various areas such as Microsoft Office 365 e-mail/Exchange 2019, Zoom, Gsuite, Slack, Multi-factor Authentication, and license management all while keeping up to date with Microsoft and Google’s platform service changes.
- You will provide technical leadership on the integration of AV related systems.
- You will define, maintain, and ensure Splunk’s conferencing standards
- You will provide technical leadership and training to less expert staff while serving as a resource in the resolution of complex AV problems and issues
- You will define, measure, and ensure the quality of audio/visual collaboration and content-sharing by users and customers company-wide
Infrastructure Platform Leadership
- Governance: You will work with appropriate partners (both regional and global) to propose governance models to meet various collaboration and productiveness needs. For example, creating a request and approval process for new Email/G-drive setup and ensuring implementation of legal imposed limits such as retention policies. Another example could be proposing and creating a BYOD initiative to be executed via Intune and conditional access rules.
- Security & Monitoring: You will partner with security team to understand legal and security requirements and propose ways and tools to enhance security posture and hygiene.
Administrative / Management
- Lifecycle Management: You will review documentation templates, quality of documentation, deployment techniques, and platform service updates.
- Change Management: You will be responsible for reviewing and approving quality documentation such as change requests, Installation Qualifications, and Operational Qualifications. This role will also draft formal documentation such as Standard Working Practices (SWP), Work Instruction Document (WID) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Playbooks/Runbooks.
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that.
- 8+ years of experience leading IT projects and understanding of project management methodologies, with at least 3+ years hands on architecture, engineering, and/or operations of Microsoft 365 related services.
- 10+ years of corporate audio visual experience, with 5+ year experience in event support
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google’s platform service changes
- Demonstrated experience with configuring and troubleshooting industry standard devices such as Crestron, Extron, Biamp, and ClearOn
- You thrive as an engaged and self-motivated leader that actively participates in and can lead meetings
- You will provide clear team guidance and prioritization based on changing business needs
- You will leverage your strong ability to multitask, analyze, plan, cultivate stakeholder consensus, communicate, and present
- You will engage your strong technical background with Microsoft Office 365 and related technologies
- You will seek to understand technical requirements, architecture, and operational impact of various projects
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Prior experience engaging Managed Service Providers in an on-shore/off-shore model highly preferred o
- Technical certifications such as Microsoft 365, Azure and AWS
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.