Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
The Marketing Operations Manager - Theater Lead, reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing Ops and dotted line to the Head of Marketing in theater, will be responsible for partnering with the local leadership team to refine the field strategy as well as leading its execution across all channels. The main charter is to set up the regular interlock between Sales & Marketing to ensure the team is overachieving on their pipeline contribution goals and budgets are being fully optimized. This person is empowered to seek key initiatives, drive performance and ensure all the proper conversations are happening across Marketing.
- Dedicated partner to the theater Marketing team to help define the Marketing strategy based on data driven analysis. Key contributor to all management meetings and become an integral part of the Marketing leadership team in theater.
- Provide day to day support on budget allocation and performance to ensure we are using every dollar of Marketing spend to the fullest. Review marketing mix/channel performance with local teams to optimize trade-offs.
- Lead operational cadence and drive regular interlocks with Sales/Marketing to monitor performance against plan, identify key potential issues, track progress against key action items, etc.
- Run regular pipeline calls with Sales leadership to monitor pipeline health and Marketing contribution.
- Strong focus on all our Marketing leading indicators to identify key trends and provide accurate forecast so we can course correct if needed early in the quarter.
- Establish a data-driven culture across Demand Gen to champion our pipeline contribution and drive positive ROI on our program investments.
- Run post-mortem meetings on key Marketing programs to assess what is driving the best outcomes and how to replicate it across theaters.
- Lead key initiatives across Marketing that will have a positive impact on growth, productivity, retention, and/or the Customer Experience.
- Provide key ad hoc analysis (e.g. funnel optimization, ABM performance, propensity to buy models, etc.) to help management team refine/adjust the strategy as needed.
- Establish your role as the key champion to drive business improvements to help Marketing team unlock their contribution to Sales.
- 5+ years of Demand Generation experience with at least 2-3 years of successfully leading a demand gen team.
- Full immersion in all Marketing channels (both offline and digital) at a rapidly growing SaaS organization focused on a B2B audience
- Confirmed experience of driving Sales/Marketing alignment and being accountable to a Marketing sourced pipeline target.
- Experience with Marketing tech stack, performance marketing, and reporting/attribution tools
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain customer insights, set Marketing mix and drive targeted campaigns
- Strong experience in collaborating effectively with key Sales/Marketing stakeholders and leading by influence.
- Experience with running a quarterly budget to drive qualified leads and opportunities, while maintaining a low customer acquisition cost
- Ability to drive and lead change management programs across functionally and geographically distributed strategic partner organizations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new standard methodologies to build a continuous improvement culture.
- Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be
eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).