Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you passionate about using market and product insights to help an innovative technology team succeed with mid- and long-term planning for new product ideas? Can you conduct, analyze, summarize, and present both primary and secondary research to help Executive and Product teams be successful with strategic initiatives? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk. We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to conduct Market Research and gather Competitive Intelligence for our IT Markets group.
We are looking for an excellent individual contributor to research and analyze both third-party vendors and other activities, in order to help executive and product teams build a market-leading strategic vision. You should be excellent at conducting both primary and secondary research, and at communicating your findings and insights at an executive level. As a key member of the Technology Innovation team in the IT Markets Group at Splunk:
- You will monitor and analyze market and vendor activities including product releases, press coverage, new announcements, analyst reports, funding, new messaging, M&A activity, etc.
- You will maintain insight on key competitors and trends including SWOT analyses, sales/GTM approaches, target markets, product status, messaging, funding, customers, announcements, functionality, go-to-market, etc.
- You will conduct ‘Voice of the Customer’ research to gain direct insight into customer concerns and needs, working with Product Management to provide insight to executive strategy, product planning, and feature development
- You will support the development of strategic business and product plans for executive leadership, business operations, product management, product marketing, engineering, etc.
- You will provide insight and vision into multiple products, vendors, and markets as part of the planning process.
- You will keep an eagle eye on the market, so you can guide our executives and other spokespeople to facilitate ‘rapid response’ to any significant activities or changes as they happen
- Research Proficiency. Build, conduct, analyze and report on market and/or competitive research including surveys, interviews, case studies, statistical analysis, analyst/journal reviews, meta-analysis, etc.
- High-energy, positive standout colleague. This is a highly interconnected role with significant impact on multiple team members; egos are not welcome.
- Well-tuned interpersonal skills. Strong in both written and oral communication, and able to synthesize and explain complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Analytical Approach. Apply advanced data analysis including statistical evaluation, algorithmic processing, machine learning, predictive analytics, and artificial intelligence techniques
- Academic Qualifications. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Business and Technology (MBAT) is required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which they are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.