Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Reporting to the Sales Engineering (SE) South Asia & Korea Leader will be a highly motivated, results orientated individual, primarily responsible for leading a team of Sales Engineering team in support of the Sales Team in Korea to achieve revenue targets and ensure customer success. Take the lead technical role in your region supporting sales activities, actively engaged with key customers and opportunities. Work cross-functionally ensuring tight alignment between field sales and other organizations within Splunk.
- Manage and Inspire a team of Enterprise Presales/Sales Engineers in Korea to ensure sales and customer success;
- Regional Partnership with the Sales Leadership to support use case lead, pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct continual pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales engineering talent within your region.
- Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Partner with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure tight alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver detailed presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s;
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- At least 10+ years relevant experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Proven experience in managing an Enterprise SE Teams across Korea market.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
- Strong Growth Mindset and Change Agility
- Desire to Learn and Adapt: You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree, preferably with a strong technical acumen or relevant work experience.