Manager, Sales Engineering (SE), Sydney
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Reporting to the Sales Engineering (SE) Leader you will be a highly motivated, results orientated individual, primarily responsible for leading a team of Sales Engineering team in support of the Sales Team in the region and to achieve revenue targets and ensure customer success. Take the lead technical role in your region supporting sales activities, actively engaged with key customers and opportunities. As a member of our growing team, you will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Manage and Inspire a team of Presales/Sales Engineers in the region to ensure sales and customer success;
- Regional Partnership with the Sales Leadership to support use case lead, pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct continual pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales engineering talent within your region.
- Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Partner with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure tight alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver detailed presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s;
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- At least 10+ years' relevant experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Proven experience in managing an SE Teams across regional market.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
- Proficient in either Security, IT Ops or Dev Ops solutions.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies.
- Relevant software industry experience in the following: IT Operations/Solutions, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, DevOps, business applications, and/or analytics. Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience is preferred.
- Strong Growth Mindset and Change Agility
- Desire to Learn and Adapt: You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree, preferably with a strong technical acumen or relevant work experience.
Innovation is at our core – from technology to the way we do business.
There’s no stopping our momentum. Join us and help us to continue doing something truly special and have a blast doing it, too.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!