Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat Software Sales Management Professional, with deep knowledge of SaaS, Recurring Revenue and using Renewals to Drive Growth? Do you enjoy developing and mentoring a growing and diversifying team, and finding ways to positively improve performance and insight? Would you like to play an important role in the success of our rapidly growing Customer Success and Software Renewals business? If so, Splunk is in need of an experienced, results-oriented person with extraordinary skills, to positively impact performance and develop a high-performance sales culture, working cross-functionally with sales, partners, customer success and operations teams.
You will be accountable for the overall success and development of a growing team of Renewals Sales Representatives, who are charged with driving customer retention, renewals and growth on the renewal of Splunk’s industry-leading enterprise software solutions.
The successful candidate will manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the team: Driving sales performance by ensuring full accountability of the renewable business, forecasting final performance, reporting on outcomes and ensuring continuous improvement through qualitative insights on performance.
A key part of the role is to ensure that your team is set up for success through close collaboration with critical stakeholders to enable them to identify and address risks in advance.
Operationally, this role is also accountable for ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and operating procedures, participates in operational planning and coordinates the development of departmental operating policies and procedures.
- Lead daily activities of renewal sales professionals, including ongoing mentoring and support, performance evaluation, training-plan definition, and problem-solving
- Provide guidance and expertise to the team in the day-to-day management of account activities within their territory. To include performance management, critical issues, ad hoc projects, quota preparations and forecasts
- Lead your team through close collaboration with critical stakeholders
- Manage forecasting activities, preparing internal reports for management, month-end bookings, revenue, backlog and develop insight from churn
- Align with organizational and corporate objectives to develop and execute on an action plan to ensure revenue growth and profitability
- Hire, develop and retain top renewal-sales talent
- Develop territories for the team and assist in quota assignment
- Manage the development of career plans for employees
- Serve as team liaison coordinating interactions between internal department and/or external customers as appropriate
- Define, streamline and implement internal business processes including the development of operational and procedural guidelines
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding Renewal sales
- Plan and coordinate special projects; collect, organise, and assess information and develop and prepare recommendations
- Assist with the planning, coordination, development and implementation of long-range business goals and objectives
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned to include various projects and support as needed
- You know how a renewals sales business works. You are intimately familiar with the metrics and measures of a renewals business: Renewal and Churn Rates, Net Growth, and how to performance-manage and forecast your business on that basis.
- You come from a software sales background, where you have demonstrated strong competency in the Responsibilities outlined above. Including Sales Performance Management, renewals, driving growth, driving team development and performance
- You have operated in a recurring revenue model, interacting with account management, customer success and operations teams to support growth and retention objectives
- You thrive in managed change and seek to push beyond the status quo, seeking ways and means to drive outcomes and insights
- You have the experience to make sound decisions and judgment creatively, on limited and evolving data
- You have excellent organisation, self-sufficient operational, and time leadership skills
- Ability to manage and train staff, including organising, prioritising, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively, analyze and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Ability to develop a concerted work environment, and represent the team’s contributions and value in the wider sales ecosystem: you bring and drive credibility
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise multiple projects
- English plus another European language is beneficial
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.