Splunk is looking for a Manager, to provide day-to-day operations and strategic leadership to our Splunk Cloud Release Management team. This position is accountable for leading the team responsible for the continuous delivery of releases for Splunk’s SaaS products. You’ll leverage a combination of product management practices to define requirements and program management practices to lead innovative initiatives focused on customer experience, scalability, continuous delivery and release team development. You'll utilize metrics to analyze, plan, and implement processes that lead to an improvement in overall delivery SLAs and customer satisfaction. We're looking for someone to bring a fresh approach to problems of all shapes and sizes and help us build a top-notch Splunk Cloud Release Management team.
- You’ll use program management methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, patches, and changes in a SaaS environment.
- You’ll collaborate with engineering program managers to manage the fleetwide delivery of releases while ensuring any issues are triaged and resolved accordingly.
- Create release/implementation plans and coordinate with multiple engineering teams to ensure successful and stable deployments.
- Develop weekly reporting on required metrics.
- Collaborate with technical operation teams to prioritize releases based on capacity.
- Continually work towards process improvement in the Cloud release process.
- Solve issues around releases and participate in on-call for customer related escalations
- Partner with our NOC, TechOps, Support, and SRE teams to deliver high availability of our Splunk SaaS products
- Represent the Release Management team in meetings regarding process changes and recommendations on new procedures and executions in a data driven approach
- Work with your peers across the organization to handle customer escalations, incidents, or dependent release activities
- Oversee all Release Managers and ensure all duties and tasks are being performed expertly and effectively during each shift
- Mentor and coach new team members
Who you are:
- BS, or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 3-4+ years managing a team of Release Managers in a Cloud Environment.
- 3-4+ years experience using tools such as; JIRA, Confluence, Slack, SFDC.
- Experience working cross-functionally with operations, product and support teams.
- Collaborative with exceptional social and interpersonal skills
- Calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage or customer escalation
- Take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a highly cross functional teams
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through, and ability to prioritize quickly are necessary
- You combine customer empathy and your passion for moving fast to deliver frequent, high quality releases that benefit our customers and partners and motivate our engineers.