Manager, Japan & North Asia Sales Specialists
This role is responsible for driving the Splunk Field Specialist engagement and execution model in Japan, North Asia and Korea. The role will cover the Specialist functions of Cloud Sales, IT Market Group Specialists, Security Specialists & Business Value Consultants with a focus on accelerating sales and driving adoption of use cases and premium solution bookings in the specified sales theater. The role is to also assist in developing and executing the go to market strategy for the Market Group solutions and hiring and leading a team of Specialists. This leader will also act as the liaison representing Japan, North Asia & Korea’s business needs for the market groups through the APAC and Global Specialist leaders. In this position you will be responsible for developing and executing a supporting business plan that is fully aligned with the geos. A solid understanding of Splunk’s solutions, sales methodology and business is critical to success in this role.
About the Team
This role will report to the leader of the APAC Director of Field Specialization.
- Lead the Specialist team in Japan, NA & Korea helping the field organization and Splunk partners executing to create, grow and speed Security pipeline to close.
- Deliver key services like account planning and strategy, customer facing workshops, expert presentations, enablement, and domain specific escalations to achieve business goals and customer success.
- Evangelize the Splunk solutions portfolio internally with Splunk’s field organization and externally via workshops, webinars, and SplunkLive! to customers, prospects, and partners.
- Use our Specialist and Sales methodology and established processes effectively while assisting in their evolution.
- Assist in the evolution of Splunk’s selling, customer adoption, and success through innovation and automation designed to drive scale in Splunk Solutions.
- Manage, report, and analyze the pipeline and forecast for the Market Group business.
- Represent the Splunk Market Group business units to the field and partner community and help unify our go to market strategy.
- Establish and maintain credibility with the field organization as subject matter experts providing incremental value to the sales motion, customer adoption, and success.
- Hire the right team of specialists to match our culture and fuel our growth.
- Be a good corporate citizen – provide a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience building and running teams with customer-facing responsibilities; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus.
- 10+ years of high tech field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting.
- Excellent understanding of the Security and data center operations and trends.
- Must have strong knowledge of the overall IT landscape.
* Strong background in Internet infrastructure, security, and enterprise solution software required, web based applications a plus.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with teams and strategic customers.
- Formal sales training: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred.
- Use of CRM systems (Salesforce.com) extensively for reporting and forecasting