Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to turn Data Into Doing with the first Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you a leader, strategic thinker, expert and evangelist in all things IT Operations and DevOps? Are you passionate about clients and the power of modern IT? Do you have deep IT industry subject matter expertise and do you get a thrill from passing your knowledge onto your team and your customers to help shape the future of IT? If so, Splunk might be the place for you!
You will be in a leadership position and you are accountable for driving Splunk’s IT customer example cases and helping the Specialist team operating model, premium solution bookings, and GTM motions.
You are strategically minded and highly adaptable in working cross functionally. You will focus on collaboration; influencing and working in close alignment with the field leadership to ensure maximum scale and impact in driving bookings and customer success. Key to this success will also be hiring, leading and evolving a team of world-class IT Specialists.
You have a deep understanding and hands on experience of the IT industry, competitive landscape and emerging trends (such as AIOps, DevOps, App Dev, Observability etc.).
Travel up to 50%
You will lead, mentor, and grow the IT Markets Specialist team to achieve individual and team success.
- You will evangelize and promote Splunk’s IT ground breaking products and solutions portfolio internally and externally with customers, prospects and partners.
- Own, mature and scale the IT cases with customers and IT solutions bookings and adoption for the across the theater.
- Achieve and exceed set quota, increase awareness and provide regular mentorship and visibility tracking to leadership and Global IT Markets partners.
- Lead and report on the pipeline and forecast for the IT Market segment and premium solutions in the theater.
- High collaboration and alignment with theater partners driving high interlock and joint activities to build and increase IT pipeline and help win IT business.
- Provide mentoring, strategic advice and guidance to necessary regional leadership and the general field on the execution of sales opportunities through using IT Specialist resources
- Represent this group to the APAC field leadership and help unify, evolve and increase awareness of Splunk's IT Markets product and go to market strategy.
- Facilitate a culture of innovation and evolution within the IT Specialist group and across Splunk's field teams to develop new propositions, sales engagements, sales tools and advisory workshops that evolve the Splunk selling motion.
- Establish you and your team as a genuine business partner as credible IT experts who provide incremental value to the sales motion and customer interactions – the goal is to be seen as a strategic rather than tactical resource
- Work closely with Splunk IT product management and senior leadership team to improve and consult on new product/solution releases, GTM processes, communications, product packaging and pricing.
- Be a good corporate citizen enabling a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; working as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience establishing relationships and running teams with customer-facing responsibilities; ability to grow and scale upward with a fast growing software company.
- 10+ years of high tech field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the overall IT landscape as well as experience of emerging technology and value (within AIOps/Observability/DevOps/Application Development. ITIL certification and/or 3+ years of relevant work experience would be ideal).
- Strong executive presence and polish with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision.
- Demonstrated experience of sales forecasting and pipeline analysis processes.
- History of success in over-achieving quarterly/annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role and references to back up your success
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs and to Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Companies. Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts.
- Formal sales training in solution selling and/or value selling is a bonus.