Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you an inspiring Sales Leader? Are you passionate about leading and motivating a sales team? If you answered yes to these questions, then Splunk may be the home for you! We are seeking a dynamic Sales Leader to join Splunk as our Inside Sales Manager. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you have a measurable track record in building and leading high performing inside sales teams. You will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
What you get to do in this role:
- Motivate, coach, and directly lead a team of Inside Sales professionals.
- Hold regular call coaching sessions, pipeline reviews, one on ones, and team meetings.
- Own responsibility for accurate forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Analyze current process and systems to improve customer outreach, and pipeline management.
- Lead team performance against quotas and sales forecasts, executes operating plans and ensures sales objectives are met
- Set and track key sales targets and supporting metrics for your team, both leading and lagging metrics
- Support various Sales Director in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Execute new hiring, onboarding and ongoing training to enable team to achieve sales quota and ongoing professional development
- Facilitate resources necessary to further sales cycle such as sales engineering as well as partner service resources
- Occasional travel for training and/or meetings may be required
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of meaningful and timely information
- Work experience as an Inside Sales Manager, software sales experience preferred
- Experience should include 5+ years of insides sales experience with an enterprise software and/or SaaS company.
- Full understanding of the sales process from lead to close to ongoing account management.
- Experience in call coaching to improve rep performance and customer experience.
- Looking for a Player coach who loves to get on the phone to help close deals.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and activities while paying attention to detail.
- Is a self-starter who is confident in an ambitious environment and has a track record of using analytic skills to actively develop new insights that drive operational strategy and revenue growth.
- Excellent leadership, energy, judgment, communication, management and analytical skills required.
- Passionate about growing and building a business to its full potential.
- Reputation for recent and historical success overachieving team quotas while keeping the customer happy
- You are very comfortable talking to the technical teams, the lines of business and the “C” Suite
- Strong executive presence, you are polished and strong dedication
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, fast-paced environment
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively
- Able to commute daily into our Plano office
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Splunk’s Big Perks
- Two fully stocked kitchens to make breakfast, lunch, etc.
- Fresh fruit
- Sandwich/salad materials
- Refreshment refrigerator has sodas, water, energy drinks and juice.
- Fully stocked beer and adult beverage refrigerator located in both kitchens.
- Lunch is on Splunk once a week (and breakfast)
- A catered lunch & a catered breakfast provided to all employees weekly.
- Get competitive with fellow Splunkers on our ping pong tables.
- Enjoy your holidays! Splunk gives all employees 16 paid holidays
- Included is a 4th of July summer break and end of the year winter break (holiday break).
- 3 weeks of paid vacation time (PTO) is not affected by our paid holidays off.
- All employees grated 2 weeks of paid sick time.
- Love volunteering?
- Splunk grants 3 days of paid time off for an employee to volunteer at an organization of their choice, separate from PTO.
- Education reimbursement program available.
- Discount programs help Splunker save money on event tickets, online shopping, amusement parks, 24 Hour Fitness membership and more!
- Medical, dental and vision packages available to all employees upon hiring.
- 401K program available.
We value diversity at our company. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk. We look forward to hearing from you.