The Manager, Customer Success is responsible for building and setting the strategic direction for Splunk’s CSM organization in the AMERICAS Field sub-theater and Canada region. In this leadership position, you will lead the charge in helping our customers adopt and expand their use of the Splunk platform, technologies and services across Splunk’s commercial ecosystem. You will have functional responsibility over the AMER Field & Canada Customer Success Management organization and drive standards for hiring, training, and commercial execution in the field. Additionally, you will:
- Drive customer success strategies and work collaboratively to help them roadmap a solution to achieve their business objectives, ultimately leading to a strong renewal and expansion of the Splunk portfolio for all customers
- Set performance targets and metrics for the AMER Field & Canada team’s CSM organization.
- Provide communication to customers regarding Splunk's new product capabilities and use cases, as well as help them meet desired outcomes.
- Meet with Senior Leaders of Splunk's most strategic accounts and help guide their commercial vision utilizing Splunk’s platform and technology.
- Partner with Splunk’s Renewals organization leadership to identify and mitigate renewal risk across the AMER Field & Canada portfolio of accounts
- Lead the creation of onboarding, enablement and skill set development for the CSM function.
You will be asked to achieve the following goals:
- Commercial execution in dormant & active accounts
- Leadership and creation of standards across the AMER Field & Canada CSM team
- Customer adoption and expansion of Splunk technology
- Expand the market coverage of the CSM function
- Lead adoption and value realization activities for all customers, securing a strong renewal and expansion of the portfolio of customers
- You will oversee the AMER Field & Canada Customer Success Management organization by developing the commercial strategy for the team, communicating with senior leaders at strategic accounts, and building out a team of customer focused CSMs that share in Spunk's vision for the future.
Other responsibilities will include you:
- Developing customer success roadmaps
- Conducting periodic customer check-ins and business reviews
- Monitoring customer performance
- Achieving desired outcomes to help create referenceable customers
- Coaching team in establishing themselves as trusted advisors for the customers they support
- Acting as “QB” for Splunk internal resources
- Sharing standard methodologies, product information, and Splunk news.
- Supporting/driving customer campaigns
- Leading customer success metrics workshops
- Managing adoption, value realization and renewals for all customers in the portfolio
- 10+ years of experience in customer-centric roles.
- 3+ years of experience running technical customer-facing teams.
- Ability to effectively work and lead cross-functionally across Splunk to drive success
- You have a Post-Sales commercial mentality
- Strong experience with software renewal activity in a SAAS and subscription-based business model
- Demonstrable ability to lead expansion and adoption into large accounts.
- Consistent record of exceeding revenue targets for several years.
- Business consulting experience with demonstrated success in the following:
- Poised in objection handling
- Ability to craft and articulate a roadmap for customer to achieve success
- Skilled in developing and maintaining executive relationships and associated influencing strategies
- Project management including managing disparate, multi-functional, cross-enterprise project teams
- Ability to have value-based conversations with business executives
- Experience managing products, product offerings and customer experience
- Strong communication skills including professional writing skills, verbal skills and experience presenting to executive teams
- Strong Presales experience plus post-sales experience is strongly desired
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required – master’s degree a plus