Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) exists to empower external Splunk customers with knowledge and expertise to achieve their goals utilizing Splunk Cloud.
We take some of the core tenets of Site Reliability Engineering which are focused internally within a company and apply them outwardly to our customers. Reliability, scalability, efficiency, observability, and availability are examples of these tenants.
Our customers grapple with these various -ilities in their use of Splunk Cloud. CRE personnel are experts in the various functional areas of Splunk and combined with SRE tenets guide our customers to extract the maximum value out of their Splunk Cloud service on an ongoing basis.
What we’re looking for
The Cloud Customer Reliability Engineering group is looking for aManager to help lead, design, coach, and build an efficient, productive, and fun organization. You will be a leader with an eagerness to create and own processes for enhancing team health, streamlining hiring processes, and finding solutions to organizational impediments.
What you provide
- Foster growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier engineers.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our leaders. As a manager, you should be motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Operational excellence. You strive for collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers and direct reports, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership, autonomy, and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. The teams work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication — it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. People are not expected to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. Our colleagues are trusted to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. Group-outings and team building events are frequent in our group. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of this family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
Requirements: 10+ years of technical contributor experience, and experience in working within SaaS environments.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.