Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Manager to provide day-to-day operations and strategic leadership to the cost and vendor management area of our Splunk Cloud Business Operations team located in San Francisco, CA. This position reports into the Engineering organization and is accountable for leading the team responsible for the continuous management of Splunk Cloud's infrastructure and spend management. You'll utilize financial and infrastructure planning methodologies to analyze, develop and implement processes that lead to an improvement in the efficiency of our infrastructure and the value provided by our vendors. We're looking for someone to bring a fresh approach to problems of all shapes and sizes and help us build a top-notch team. You will partner with all Splunk departments to control their Cloud spend and work closely with Splunk's Finance and Revenue teams. Splunk offers the chance to work with cutting-edge technology in a collaborative, exciting, and dynamic environment.
Manage Infrastructure Costs and Usage
- Develop methodologies to supervise infrastructure spend across the company to ensure efficient consumption and spend
- Partner cross functionally to implement cost management policies and strategies
- Partner with your team to create reporting and monitoring to ensure awareness of cost trending
- Automate companywide RI management to ensure optimal cost savings across all functional groups at Splunk
- Collaborate with Finance, Engineering, Product, IT teams to drive cost savings projects and initiatives
Develop a Forecasting Methodology
- You’ll use program management methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead cost improvement and supplier management initiatives to support Splunk's SaaS offering
- You’ll collaborate with Engineering, Finance and Product Management to determine the priorities for our team
- Build and implement a strategy to be followed by the entire team to forecast spend for operational and financial modeling
- Set individual spend targets for Product teams and measure performance against expectations / budgets
Support Vendor Management
- Drive towards the strategic parity of Splunk's infrastructure providers.
- Experience with AWS, GCP and/or Microsoft Azure strongly preferred.
- Support the vendor managers responsible for each provider
- Ensure that all vendors are held to cost, usage and reporting standards, and that the adequate cadence is in place with each
Team Management & Executive Reporting
- Develop weekly reporting on required metrics.
- Collaborate with technical operation teams to prioritize cost initiatives.
- Represent the Cost area of the team in meetings regarding cost metrics and recommendations on new procedures and executions in a data driven approach.
- Oversee all Cost Analysts and Vendor Managers, and ensure all duties and tasks are being performed expertly and effectively.
- Mentor and coach new team members
- BA or BS, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 - 4+ years managing a team of Analysts (preferably in a Cost, Account or Vendor function)
- Proven experience with Infrastructure Vendors (GCP, AWS and/or Azure)
- 5+ years experience using tools such as; Excel, Google Sheets, JIRA, Confluence, Slack and SFDC
- Solid understanding of Splunk and/or SignalFx
- Strong analytical and technical skills to work on sophisticated business issues
- Experience working cross-functionally with operations, product and finance teams
- Collaborative with outstanding social and interpersonal skills
- Take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a highly cross functional teams
- Proven data-driven attention to detail and follow through are vital
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.