This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. At Splunk, we've grown rapidly across central Europe by helping leading companies (including 90 of the Fortune 100) go from data to business outcomes faster than ever.
As we expand across Germany, Switzerland, Austria and beyond, we're seeking values-driven sales professionals to continue driving record growth while cultivating customer innovation.
Join us on our journey as experienced Major Account Manager (m/f/d) and enjoy a culture of inclusiveness, disruption, and fun while selling smart and winning big.
As our next hire, you will have an clear mindset for sales, building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results within strategic accounts in Germany. You'll play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk in the German market. You will be joining a team of excellence and be contributing to the German success story, being part of the phenomenal growth at Splunk. Be at the right place, at the right time!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Working as a Major Account Manager (m/w/d) you'll be focused on a Named Key Account list of leading companies in Germany, conducting effective account planning and opportunity management.
- Develop new business and have the mindset to continuously look for expansion opportunities.
- You will consistently deliver on visionary license sales, support and service revenue targets, on a quarterly and annual basis. You will be committed to reach and over achieve the numbers.
- Negotiating pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value, and being able to engage with our different Splunk business areas.
- As part of your daily role, you will be working closely with our channel and our Splunk Channel Managers for the region, working in harmony with our strong partners and distributor network
- Leveraging and collaborating with our sales engineering and professional services teams at Splunk, as well as partner services resources, to best position Splunk’s offering in the market.
- Working closely with management and sales operations to effectively and accurately pipeline and forecast.
- Using our sleek sales methodology and processes effectively, which will support you from prospect to closure, leading you to your success and over achievement.
- You will provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing.
- Be a strong Splunk Ambassador, through internal and external interactions.
- You possess considerable experience of selling Enterprise Software in to large customers in Germany.
- A strong background in managing and developing a key account load, across a variety of sectors.
- Strong charismatic and executive presence, with experience of building relationships at C-Level.
- Ability and understanding of accurate forecasting commitments.
- A consistent track record of sales success, being able to navigate and close large scale deals.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, fast-paced and dynamic work environment and comfortable to be 'disruptive'
- You have very relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Understanding and experience of managing CRM systems (such as Sales Force) extensively
- You possess excellent communication skills, in German and English.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA would be a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.