Splunk is going through a period of outstanding growth across the EMEA region, and we are currently looking to expand our German salesforce. Splunk is looking to hire an experienced Senior Major Account Manager (m/f/d) to join our team in the Central European Region, currently the fastest growing region in Splunk.
As our next hire, you will have an clear mindset for sales, building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results within strategic accounts in Germany. As an individual contributor, will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk in the German market. You will be joining a team of excellence and be contributing to the German success story, being part of the phenomenal growth at Splunk. Be at the right place, at the right time!
Potential work location could be: Munich, Frankfurt, Hannover, Berlin or Cologne/Düsseldorf
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Working as a Major Account Manager you be focused on a Named Key Account list of leading companies in Germany, conducting effective account planning and opportunity management.
- Develop new business and have the mindset to continuously look for expansion opportunities.
- As a successful Major Account Manager you will consistently deliver on visionary license sales, support and service revenue targets, on a quarterly and annual basis. You will be committed to reach and over achieve the numbers.
- Negotiating pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value, and being able to engage with our different Splunk business areas.
- As part of your daily role, you will be working closely with our channel and our Splunk Channel Managers for the region, working in harmony with our strong partners and distributor network
- Leveraging and collaborating with our sales engineering and professional services teams at Splunk, as well as partner services resources, to best position Splunk’s offering in the market.
- Working closely with management and sales operations to effectively and accurately pipeline and forecast.
- Using our sleek sales methodology and processes effectively, which will support you from prospect to closure, leading you to your success and over achievement.
- You will provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing.
- Be a strong Splunk Ambassador, through internal and external interactions.
- You possess considerable experience of selling Enterprise Software in to large customers in Germany.
- A strong background in managing and developing a key account load, across a variety of sectors.
- Strong charismatic and executive presence, with experience of building relationships at C-Level.
- Ability and understanding of accurate forecasting commitments.
- A consistent track record of sales success, being able to navigate and close large scale deals.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, fast-paced and dynamic work environment and comfortable to be 'disruptive'
- You have very relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Understanding and experience of managing CRM systems (such as Sales Force) extensively
- You possess excellent communication skills, in German and English.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA would be a plus.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.