Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join Splunk’s growing Compliance, Employment & Risk team which includes Compliance, Litigation & Investigations, Employment, and support of Splunk’s PubSec compliance efforts. This person will support all aspects of Splunk’s litigation and investigations program, working closely with the Compliance and Employment teams. The person in this role will be highly collaborative and entrepreneurial, embracing the opportunity to help manage litigation and investigations, collaborate on important compliance projects, coordinate cross-functionally, and find new ways to improve and scale the Company’s litigation and dispute resolution processes. This person will be flexible, creative, and self-motivated—showing initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic, and sense of humor. This position will be based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA (SOMA) and will report to the Litigation & Investigations Counsel.
As the Litigation & Investigations Paralegal, you will help Splunk build and implement world-class litigation and compliance practices, documents, and processes. You will:
- Project manage responses to litigation, pre-litigation demands, and agency charges and work with the team to conduct fact-finding and gather relevant information.
- Scale processes by creating and updating internal templates, policies, guidelines, and playbooks across a broad range of topics.
- Assist the team in case management including managing data preservation, collection, review and production procedures and working with outside counsel as necessary.
- Support internal investigations.
- Track and regularly report out to the team on the status of investigations, disputes, and litigation.
- Manage Splunk’s responses to garnishments, levies, subpoenas, and bankruptcies.
- Manage Splunk’s eDiscovery process including ongoing assessment and updates.
- Work closely with the Employment team on employment litigation matters and various risk mitigation initiatives and programs.
- Support and track various compliance programs and initiatives and their impact on litigation and dispute resolution outcomes.
- Work closely with the Legal Operations team on cross-functional programs, e.g. Information Governance, metrics, etc.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting recent employment law, compliance, and litigation developments, trends, and metrics to the department and senior leaders.
- At least 6-8+ years of relevant experience, preferably as a paralegal or legal assistant;
- Experience in general litigation and investigations work;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Experience performing paralegal responsibilities in a rapidly growing and changing environment;
- Project management experience (e.g., managing workflows, tracking, deadlines, and budgets for a legal team);
- Entrepreneurial and creative, with the initiative to investigate new ways to improve departmental processes and to manage and drive complex projects;
- Strong social and follow-up skills, with the ability to work closely with in-house counsel, outside counsel, Human Resources, and other Splunkers;
- Experience with international matters a plus;
- Ability to prioritize issues under time pressure;
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of legal matters and contemplate multiple solutions to issues;
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills;
- Polished PowerPoint skills a plus;
- Excellent research and investigation skills;
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience;
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program a plus;
- Willingness to pitch in on whatever needs doing;
- Sense of humor!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.