Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We’re looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual with at least 5 years of project management experience working with global technology companies to join our growing Legal team in the role of Legal Project Manager (LPM).
You are detail oriented, but can be strategic -- we’re not looking for just a worker bee! Bring your can-do attitude and service mindset. Familiarity working with legal is a must, as well as with IT, Security, Products and other related partners. You’ll lead meetings, navigate priorities, make a difference, and exhibit effective and clear communication.
There’s plenty happening at Splunk. You’ll need a growth mindset, so you can identify and articulate business needs, and pivot as priorities change. You had better also enjoy working with a diverse team that gets things done and makes a difference.
This position will work closely with the Senior Program Manager of Legal Operations. Primary focus will be to lead projects as assigned, including plan, budget, and track engagements, build consensus, assign activities, monitor execution and analyze results.
In this role you will:
- Extract requirements, document scope, estimate required resources, and budgets. Create charters, timelines and project plans.
- Monitor project status and execution, provide clear communications to all levels of leadership while staying on time and on budget.
- Lead projects including building consensus to meet stated objectives. Form strong working relationships with peers local and global, within Legal, other departments or outside of Splunk.
- Provide direction to staff, vendors or contractors on a project-by-project basis.
- Own project administration, including 3rd party contracts and invoices, as necessary.
- Take a continuous improvement approach to our Legal team and the business. Identify areas where improvements can be made. Help build a leading Legal Program Management group.
- Seek areas where Legal personnel could benefit from project management discipline and assist in bringing those standards to Legal.
- Assist in identification of Legal technologies and tools, especially as they relate to project management.
- Keep tabs on changes and advancements in Legal Technology, Project Management and related fields.
- Assist in other ways as required.
- Exhibit exemplary project management, communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business. Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to ensure accountability in others.
- At least eight (8) years of project management or similar experience in a major law firm, sophisticated in-house legal department, or consulting firm where you have worked closely with legal professionals.
- Experience working with IT, Engineering, Security and other technical groups within the organization.
- Ability to take initiative, make key decisions and work both independently and within the Legal team. You will prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving legal and technology environment.
- Strong business sense with a strategic outlook and an interest in working in a fast moving, dynamic and friendly team.
- At least a bachelor’s degree, although MBA is preferred.
- Expertise in project management software, office tools (Microsft Office, G Suite), business intelligence/visualization applications, and collaboration tools.
- Professional certifications or equivalent experience working in Project Management, Information Governance (or related fields), or Legal Technology preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records