Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a talented and motivated legal assistant to provide document creation/editing and administrative support to the global Legal team and support the day-to-day operations of the department. The role is based in San Francisco.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
You demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and resourcefulness, and maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability. You enjoy multi-tasking and operating multi-functionally and are flexible and willing to work through day-to-day manual tasks. You have an extremely high attention to detail and willingness to learn. You possess established organizational skills and impeccable recordkeeping and record retention skills. You communicate (written and oral) with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas. You maintain a keen appreciation for the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work and a sense of humor. You live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Proofreading, editing and formatting legal documents (Word/Excel)
- Creating and revising PowerPoint presentations
- Supporting Legal Leadership team (GC direct reports), including by
- Calendaring, setting up meetings and teleconferences
- Coordinating domestic and international travel logistics and preparing detailed itineraries
- Submitting and tracking expense reimbursements
- Assisting Executive Assistant to SVP, GC in:
- Managing POs/legal vendor and contractor onboarding
- Handling physical mail distribution and coordination
- Executing new employee and contractor onboarding logistics
- Creating department updates on the intranet for intra-department and inter-department sites
- Organizing department events including catered lunches, department trainings and team outings and offsites and administering logistics
- Executing offsite and onsite meeting logistics
- Maintaining third-party resource subscriptions
- Assisting in addressing inbound requests into Legal e-mail alias
- Providing additional support to Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel, as needed
- Obtaining physical and electronic signatures (printing, tabbing, scanning, filing) and processing signed agreements
- Filing physical documents
- Arranging for the mailing of various documents as needed
- Assisting with scanning and copying projects
- Assisting in facilities/IT troubleshooting and submitting service tickets for remediation
- Assist in launch of department professional development training program; including coordinating Knowledge Shares and live and web-based CLE and web-based trainings, arranging internal and external presenters and tracking attendance
- Manage attorney continuing legal education (CLE) requirements and legal professional bar memberships
- Perform other general office administrative duties to support the day-to-day efficient operation of the global legal department
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 full years of law firm or in-house experience as an administrative assistant
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Experience working in-house at a technology/SaaS company strongly preferred
- Familiarity with PC and Mac O/S
- Strong word processing and PowerPoint skills with expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign required
- Tech savvy with experience with Scout, NetSuite, Nexonia, ServiceNow, Box and G Suite preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.