Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about building scalable web applications in a microservice paradigm? Do you have a strong desire to build great experiences for customers? Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Lead Engineer, you would be leading the technical delivery for the web application team, within the IT Business Applications group. You will need to use your technical expertise and broad experience delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, to lead the team for this position. We leverage Nodejs (REST APIs) with React, Redux based UI, Amazon EC2 / ECS, Nginx, Docker, Jenkins, MySQL / Postgres and Redis.
What we offer to you in this role:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and giving back, and exploring new technologies.
- Exponential growth as we are relatively a newer team and still at early stage.
- Opportunity to build applications from scratch.
- Second to none work life balance - We don't expect people to work 10 hours a day. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an outstanding environment
- Support in your professional career goals by providing mentorship and allocating dedicated time & budget for it.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
What you will do to be successful at this role:
- You will provide advanced technical competency to guide the team in its delivery.
- You will deliver high quality, scalable, well-written code that is quickly understood, easily supported and maintained by the team using standard methodologies.
- You will help in our ongoing open sourcing initiative to publish code to the community outside Splunk.
- You will independently research and design technical solutions to solve business problems. And further document those solutions for the team explaining the architecture and functionalities.
- You will serve as the lead for a team of developers comprising onsite and offsite members to ensure the development standards are being met and project work is progressing to meet project timelines.
- You will develop microservices (in distributed environment) exposing REST APIs, those are written in Node.js and also help building React/Redux based web client to consume them.
- You will collaborate with internal product managers, architects, engineering managers, UX/UI designers, and business partners.
- You will apply your good oral communication and written documentation skills to communicate and collaborate with team members clearly and precisely, verbally and written within the Scrum framework to meet sprint planning objectives.
- You will mentor team members and peers that are less experienced or less knowledgeable to increase their skills or knowledge, and ultimately their effectiveness on the team.
- You will apply an Agile delivery framework.
- You will present and communicate complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- You will independently perform interviews to provide hiring recommendations based on technical competency and team effectiveness.
What you will need:
- 8+ years of experience in developing scalable and event-driven (syn/async) web applications in a highly distributed environment.
- 3+ years of functional experience in crafting and building full stack applications in Nodejs (REST APIs) with React, Redux based UI.
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals e.g. data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with pub/sub messaging systems.
- Unit-testing experience such as TDD or BDD.
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases, networking, security, privacy, and compliance for Web- based applications.
- Demonstrated experience of handling cross-browser compatibility issues and front-end performance considerations.
- Experience using Git, JIRA, Docker, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.