Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to harness machine data in the next generation of IT and Security analytics products! We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's Getting Data In (GDI) team is seeking a leader in the IT Service Monitoring or Security Information Event Management (SIEM) space to guide the development of integrations between Splunk and cloud and on-prem solutions and services. This technical role will ensure that the Technology Integrations (Add-Ons) developed by the team will meet the high standards that are expected by our customers.
Your work will help us achieve our goal of getting performance, IT and Security data into Splunk seamlessly and enriching it with high quality domain knowledge and insights. It will further position Splunk as the world-class Data to Everything Platform.
- Be the technical lead on a team developing 50+ Technology Add-Ons (TAs) that get data from IT and Security devices and Cloud services into Splunk.
- Influence the development process by discussing technical and schedule related challenges with the team and providing creative solutions for overcoming them.
- Provide requirements to ensure that Technology Add-Ons extract meaningful information from log data and integrate seamlessly with downstream Splunk applications such as Enterprise Security (ES) and IT Service Intelligence (ITSI).
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and to understand new requirements.
- Work with Product Management on priorities and timelines and be responsible for achieving them
- Promote our Open Source strategy and interact with the Splunk community
- Suggest and develop tools to automate manual processes.
- 10+ years of experience in Security or IT monitoring, including data onboarding and content creation.
- Good understanding of Security and IT Operations use cases and how customers expect to interact with log data
- Hands on content creation with Splunk (preferably) or other SIEM and IT Monitoring Systems
- Good knowledge of Python or other scripting or programming languages.
- Familiarity with logs of cloud and on-prem solutions such as IT Service Management, File Sharing, Content Management, Databases and Operating Systems
- A passion for customer focus and commitment in the product design phase and while responding to issues.
- High integrity and reliability: ability to work independently, be responsible for upholding schedules and work with remote teams.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new challenges and learning opportunities.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Engineering and QA to Product Management and Customer Success.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Good work/life balance. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.