Are you a “IT Evangelist” and do you want to help make ITOA more efficient and strategic? Do you like to motivate teams and talk about becoming more proactive? If this is you then Splunk might be the place for you to live and breathe IT! Splunk is growing and we are expanding the team and have a new role on our Public Sector side. This is a crucial and high profile role within the Splunk organization and will help transform the way organizations think, sleep and deal with IT. In this role, you will be an early pioneer and will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk (including sales, partners/channels, global partners, legal, business applications and marketing), with the primary objectives of proactively looking for ways to build and grow the IT Markets business in the region. This role is responsible for driving regional Splunk IT Markets bookings, adoption, and the in-region go to market strategy for Splunk’s IT Markets solutions. In addition to bookings and go to market strategy, this person will act as a liaison between the field organization and engineering and product management to influence product roadmap. The go to market strategy should incorporate vertical markets, horizontal selling cycles and indirect partners. This role is responsible for developing and executing a partner program in theater that supports an indirect sales model and an overall ecosystem for Splunk’s ITOA Markets solutions. A solid understanding of the Splunk’s ITOA Markets Business and the IT industry will be critical.
About the Team This role will report into the Director of ITOA Markets Specialization, Americas and is responsible for driving the adoption of our IT Markets solutions across and within the defined region.
- Evangelize the Splunk IT Markets portfolio internally with Splunk’s field organization and externally with customers, prospects, and partners (related to the Public Sector).
- Drive IT Markets solutions adoption with existing customers as well as new prospects.
- Establish credibility with the field organization and with customers as a subject matter expert providing incremental value to the sales motion and customer interactions.
- Assist the field in creating, growing, speeding, and winning IT Markets business.
- Manage and report on the pipeline for IT Markets solutions within your defined region.
- Represent the Splunk IT Markets business unit in the field and help unify our product and go to market strategy. * Work closely with product management and market segment leadership to enhance new releases, business processes, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- 8+ years of high tech customer-facing experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, product management, or consulting.
- ITOA domain expertise and consulted with business in the public sector realm best practices and monitoring, APM, ITOA etc.
- Public Sector experience a plus
- ITIL certification and/or 3+ years of relevant work experience in IT Operations, DevOps, or Application Development
- Strong communicator with solid executive presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of the IT, applications, and data center operations and trends.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Live in the Washington D.C. area
- Deep industry knowledge spanning traditional IT and application development disciplines.
- Must have strong knowledge of overall IT landscape.
- Strong background in data center, Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CxOs.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with sales teams and strategic customers.
- Formal sales training: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred.
- Prefer candidates located in the Tyson's Corner/D.C. Area but for the right candidate we will consider in other major U.S. cities (more travel will be required).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.