Title: ITOA Markets Specialist
Location: West Coast (and near a major airport)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about using data to deliver value to IT and the Business? Are you a technologist and a leader? Do you want to help Sales teams evangelize, create and accelerate Splunk IT Markets solutions for enterprise companies? If you answered yes then we have your dream job at Splunk! In this newly created role you will be the trusted domain guide executing sales plays and workshops for customers and prospects alongside Splunk’s field sales teams on the Western area of the Americas.
In addition you will act as a liaison between the field organization and the ITOA Market Group, helping to channel field sales needs and trends back to leadership.
You will also provide the field with guidance and enablement around vertical markets applications, as well as contributing to and helping deliver horizontal selling campaigns targeting ideal, repeatable customer and prospect profiles. You will also be responsible for working with Splunk’s Partner organization in theater to support our indirect selling and enablement efforts.
About the Team:
This role is part of the Global Field Specialization team, responsible for driving net new pipeline, speeding expansion in existing customers, growing and accelerating sales opportunities and evangelizing and enabling the field teams through deep domain expertise and experience.
- Establish credibility with the field organization as a subject matter guide in all things ITOA, Machine Learning in Dev Ops and AI Ops, providing incremental value to the selling motion and customer interactions.
- Deliver specific positioning support tied to sales plays and opportunities designed to build, grow, and accelerate pipeline opportunities.
- Evangelise the Splunk IT Markets portfolio internally with Splunk’s field organization and externally with partners, up-levelling everyone’s knowledge of IT Markets in general and Splunk’s capabilities aligned to that.
- Execute workshops and other meaningful public speaking engagements at SplunkLive! as well as other relevant conferences and customer events to help build, grow and accelerate opportunities.
- Work closely with supporting teams as an IT market and domain expert to enhance messaging amplification, embrace field needs and deliver enablement, competitive positioning and packaging.
- An ability to perform deep customer discovery and deliver key messaging by way of compelling storytelling, providing both technical insight and positive potential business outcomes at C Level.
- You embrace and have a deep understanding and experience selling to areas of DevOps, Machine Learning in DevOps and AI Ops and have helped with execution in Go To Market Strategies.
- You have extensive experience in successfully executing complex enterprise solution sales cycles with CxOs on the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List and communicating the value. .
- ITIL certification would be ideal
- Strong communicator with experience of being compelling and influential up to C-suite
- Excellent understanding of ITOA landscape, applications, and data center operations and trends.
- Demonstrated influence and leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- You have a reputation for over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role while taking care of the customer first.
- Deep industry knowledge spanning traditional IT and application development disciplines.
- Strong background in data center, Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- You bring a range of Internet industry-related contacts.
- You have an amazing ability to build and maintain high credibility with sales teams and strategic customers.
- Desire to grow, learn and advance within a company and bring great methodologies to the team and company.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!