Title: ITOA Markets Specialist (VictorOps & Commercial Accounts)
Location: Preferred locations: Splunk offices in Plano, Texas or Boulder, CO but will consider other locations in between.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the role:
Are you hardworking and passion about groundbreaking IT Operations Analytics? Do you like evangelize new technology? If you answered yes to these questions then your dream job awaits and we want you! In this role you will be a collaborative ITOA Specialist and build and accelerate regional Splunk IT Markets solutions pipeline and bookings, focusing primarily on the Splunk VictorOps offering.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to create and build something new, act as a trusted domain guide, executing repeatable sales plays and workshops with customers and prospects, working closely alongside our core field sales teams.
You will also act as the liaison between Splunk’s & VictorOps field sales teams, acting as a central coordinating point through which to channel sales needs and trends.
You will also provide the field with guidance, create and help with enablement and drive awareness around VictorOps and the Splunk portfolio in IT. In addition, you will contribute to and help deliver horizontal selling campaigns for Splunk and VictorOps, targeting and building repeatable ways to engage prospects and our customers. You have a deep understanding of IT Operations domain, with particular focus on the DevOps space.
About the Team:
This role is part of the Global IT Markets Specialization team, responsible for scaling IT domain expertise into the Splunk field, driving net new pipeline and speeding expansion in existing customers, growing and accelerating sales opportunities and evangelizing and enabling through deep domain expertise and experience.
- You will establish credibility and trust with the field organization as a SME in all things VictorOps. Look for ways to provide incremental value to the wider Splunk selling motion and support customer interactions.
- You will lead, track and provide visibility to Splunk/ VictorOps pipeline and bookings. Own initiatives and programs across the field that help create and accelerate sales opportunities that align to the IT Market Group strategies.
- Deliver enthusiastic deal support to the account teams to help create, grow, and accelerate pipeline opportunities. Drive alignment between both areas of sales for opportunities.
- Evangelize the Splunk/VictorOps product internally with Splunk’s field organization and externally, up-leveling knowledge of the IT Market domain in general and VictorOps capabilities aligned to that.
- You will passionately execute workshops and other relevant public speaking engagements at SplunkLive! events, as well as other relevant conferences and customer events to help evangelize Splunk's IT value proposition.
- Work closely with supporting teams (such as Sales, Field Marketing, Sales Engineering, Product Management, Field Enablement) as an IT market and domain guide to enhance messaging amplification, bring together field needs and deliver enablement, competitive positioning and packaging. You know how to foster relationships.
- Deep knowledge of DevOps, Machine Learning in DevOps and AIOps to help unify Splunk's solutions and overall go to market strategy.
- You love to perform deep customer discovery and deliver key messaging by way of compelling storytelling, providing both technical insight and positive potential business outcomes at C Level.
- Extensive experience communicating value to large enterprise customers from within either a role in sales, technical sales, customer success or business value consulting position.
- Understanding of ITIL, IT compliance and governance standards as well as an ITIL disrupter mindset a plus.
- Ability and experience in leading programs and initiatives involving multiple X-functional groups.
- Excellent understanding of ITOA, application, and data center operations and trends.
- You are a strong communicator and collaborator and have had success with influencing decisions makers and C-suite.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with the entire sales organization and become a trusted business partner.
- Strong knowledge of overall IT Operations landscape and key personas.
- Reputation in the market place for being able to influence the leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full life-cycle support.
- Reputation for over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role.
- Deep industry knowledge spanning traditional IT and application development disciplines.
- Command of application and software delivery life cycles and understanding of DevOps patterns and maturation cycles.
- Strong background in data center, Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
- Familiar with product road-map planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience in successfully executing complex enterprise solution sales cycles with CxOs on the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- You will bring a range of Internet industry-related contacts.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.