Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our product, but also seek to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers! At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey and family.
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and experienced IT Technical Program Manager with a large spectrum of experience working in a high-tempo rapidly evolving environment! Do you want to utilize your seasoned Agile and Scrum experience to drive cross functional programs and projects within and across our dynamic organization? As a Technical Program Manager, you will do that and more! You will partner with business partners and across IT teams to lead functional technology initiatives. You will oversee multiple, simultaneous projects and own release planning, coordination, risk mitigation, organization, and tracking of those projects through to deployment. If you thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and fosters creativity, then what are you waiting for? Apply today.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Accountable for the successful delivery of IT Engineering and Business-facing projects.
- Utilize prior experience in rapid delivery of projects using Agile frameworks to help teams iteratively deliver business value.
- Proficient in Agile and other iterative methodologies and ensures the proper structure and project governance is applied to enable success.
- Manage complex projects to major milestones. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding.
- Influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization to build commitment with delivery teams and business partners throughout project execution.
- Negotiate competing requirements across business owners and establish project direction by partnering with business leaders and delivery leads.
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and providing direction when there are multiple stakeholders and solutions.
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating dependencies and risks, actively replan with business and delivery teams, and reset expectations with project leadership throughout delivery.
- Demonstrate consultative skills in solving problems by using technical and business insight to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach.
- Facilitate project related testing, roll-out, and post-mortem work.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 7+ years’ experience as a software project manager with experience leading large and complex cross-functional projects.
- Tolerant of ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Experience with multiple iterative delivery methodologies. Agile project management experience is required.
- Proficient knowledge of systems implementation and development life cycles.
- Very good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of program management concepts.
- Effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources needed to assist.
- Eager to learn and excited to work on programs across the IT portfolio.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Experience in onshore/offshore model for project delivery.
Nice to Have:
- Expertise with JIRA
- PMO experience in a technology setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.