IT Program Manager - Business Applications
Location: SF Bay Area (able to commute weekly into our SF or San Jose Office)
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Program Manager within IT, you are charged with leading large technology initiatives. Collaborating with business partners to drive the technology components for IT, you will lead all aspects of the program, including scope definition and management, timelines, budgets and resource allocation and provide oversight to a global portfolio of initiatives.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- You will direct a portfolio of initiatives and act as a liaison between business teams and IT teams to ensure that the proposed solutions meet business requirements.
- You will work with IT leads to define and contribute to business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term divisional strategies.
- You will contribute to shaping the program portfolio and work effectively in the face of ambiguity, and changing priorities.
- You will craft project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates, and obtain executive approval and funding.
- You will translate new product offerings and service objectives into sequenced executable projects, timelines, and delivery milestones with clearly defined benefits.
- You will develop and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success.
- You will direct complex projects to completion hands-on
- You will facilitate project related testing, roll-out, and post-mortem work.
- You will provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management, and senior executive teams.
- 7+ years of experience as a software project / program manager with experience leading large and complex projects involving multiple business functions
- 3+ years leading projects in Business Applications or SaaS based Business Applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in planning, managing, delivering hands-on medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) projects
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to work well in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- A validated ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Excellent leadership skills that improve project team effectiveness
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.