Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an “IT Evangelist” that’s passionate about clients and the transformative power of modern IT? Do you have deep industry technical IT subject matter expertise? Do you get a thrill from shaping the future of IT? If so, Splunk might be the place for you!
Splunk is growing and we are expanding our Global IT Strategist team in North America. This organization is responsible for driving the evolution and adoption of our IT Markets solutions and scaling our organization’s capability to position Splunk and deliver customer value. You will be part of a very senior group of people with deep IT industry and domain expertise that works cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Sales Engineering, Education and others,. .
A solid understanding of Splunk’s IT Markets Business and the IT industry plus deep technical skills are critical success factors for this role.
Travel up to 50%
Establish credibility as a Subject Matter Expert and lead and coordinate the IT Markets Specialist organization’s core strategic programs & initiatives to help drive sales, adoption and improve customer success. In addition, you will:
- Curate and evolve our IT Markets Field Sales Service Catalog. Evolve our storytelling and repeatable actions that support our sales motions.
- Align closely with the Sales Engineering Field organization and become their mentor, route of escalation and innovation partner. Cultivate our community of technical subject matter experts in sales engineering, client success and partners.
- Be an advisor in evolving Splunk’s IT Markets platform and offerings. Act as a conduit between the field and Splunk’s Technical leadership to evolve our sales motions and help unify and evolve our product and go to market strategy.
- Work closely with product management and market segment leadership to prioritize features and improve new releases, business processes, information, packaging and pricing.
- Act as a point of technical escalation for large strategic or complex opportunities
- Evangelize Splunk’s IT Markets value worldwide, internally and externally.
- 10+ years of high-tech customer-facing experience in sales engineering, professional services, product management, or consulting.
- ITOA expertise and consulted with business regarding standard methodologies and monitoring, APM, Cloud, Microservices, DevOps, ITOA, etc.
- ITIL certification and/or 3+ years of relevant work experience in IT Operations, DevOps, or Application Development
- Strong communicator with solid executive presentation skills
- Be passionate about customer success
- Excellent understanding of the IT, applications, and data center operations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Live in the United States, preferably near a major airline hub.
- Deep industry knowledge spanning traditional IT and application development.
- Deep knowledge of overall IT landscape.
- Strong background in data center, Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CxOs.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- You bring a range of industry-related contacts.
- High ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with sales teams and strategic customers.
- Formal sales training: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.