Job description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
The International Payroll Specialist will report to the International Payroll Manager and
will support all duties associated with the accurate and timely processing of Splunk’s
international payrolls as well as assist in all payroll related financial close tasks. This role
will work closely with Human Resources on international payroll-related matters and will
interact closely with the international accounting team to complete all close related tasks.
This individual will be driven, highly motivated, proactive, detail oriented, self-directed
and own the international payroll function. This position offers the ability to learn,
develop and grow their career working for a dynamic and fast-growing public company.
Location: Poland - Remote
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
● Work closely with the international payroll vendor to process all payrolls for
Splunk employees internationally, which represents approximately 500+
employees and growing.
● Responsible for reviewing new hire entries, master file changes from Workday,
and reconciling payroll files from the international payroll vendor
● Audit time sheets and system uploads
● Assist international employees and managers with pay related issues
● Responsible for processing off cycle manual payroll checks and/or ACH payroll
● Assist with research projects and preparation of management reports as needed
● Special projects and other duties as assigned
● Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll process
● Coordinate with external auditors to assist with quarterly and annual audits as
● Answers international accounting and financial questions by researching and
● Strong work ethics with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during
critical periods such as payroll submission, quarter and year-end remittance
● Ability to work hours in different time zones to resolve critical international
issues if necessary
● Serve as a back up to the international payroll manager when out of the office for
all international inquires
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
● 4+ Years of international payroll processing experience.
● Possess a working knowledge of international payroll-related requirements and
● Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
● Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
● High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
● Workday experience is preferred
● Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically excel
● Knowledge of international payroll vendor(s) software/processes.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all
levels of the organization both internally and externally
Education: Got it!
● Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field
Find out what makes Splunk such a great place to work
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, passionate, disruptive, open and fun.
Our benefits are designed to support your physical, financial, emotional and mental wellbeing.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Learn about Splunk’s commitment to creating a culture of belonging.