Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
The International Payroll Manager is responsible for managing our international payroll processes for Splunk’s various country processing centersThis position will report to and work closely with the Director, Global Payroll. This position will provide the visionary and strategic direction of our international payroll processes and operations. This role will also assist in building a global system utilizing the standard global processes. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills in identifying and implementing payroll process improvements and strong project management skills to coordinate the planning, implementation and administration of programs. In addition, this role will require to work with the payroll vendor to develop, adjust, and/or enhance payroll systems and procedures due to changes in tax laws, regulations, and our pay policies/compensation initiatives. This position will foster relationships with internal stakeholders such as Tax, Legal, Human Resources, IT, SOX, Internal Audit, as well as with our external vendors. This role is ideally suited for someone with the ability to lead, influence and effectively communicate cross-functionally in a fast-paced, growing and ever-changing environment. This position will also ensure timely and high value customer service to employees; including developing and adhering to established SLAs and ensuring research and responses are thorough.
- Manage International payroll processing, compliance and work closely with the local vendors and Accountants on various accounting activities, including exempt and non-exempt payrolls, expense report reimbursement, monthly/quarterly accounting close activities, account maintenance and reconciliations, financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Overall management and analysis of payroll operations and related activities that ensure compliance with international jurisdictions for 800+ employees and growing.
- Direct the efforts of payroll staff and vendors to ensure timely and accurate process output.
- Maintain effective internal controls for the payroll function and proactively work with management to identify process improvements and gaps.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all payroll policies, objectives, and short/long-term planning.
- Ensure financial reporting is standardized and ensure compliance with GAAP accounting rules that affect payroll accounts globally.
- Drive meetings with cross-functional departments (HR, Stock Admin, IT, Legal, Internal Audit, FP&A, etc.) to identify and implement payroll process improvements and best practices to drive excellence and eliminate errors.
- Resolve escalations, by working with the payroll vendor in obtaining and understanding root cause analysis and corrective action for all complex or non-routine situations for all levels of employees and management.
- Partner with Human Resources on all matters involving employee compensation, benefits and disability payments. Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits and work with Benefits on the Worker’s compensation & 401K annual audits by providing necessary reports.
- Work closely with Stock Admin to ensure timely stock compensation reporting.
- Work with F&A on quarterly cash flow forecasting as it relates to payroll and tax payments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure proper review are in place for payroll output from payroll vendor. This include all payroll inputs are accurately captured. Includes but not limited to performing payroll analysis such as total gross payroll to net payment, average paid per headcount by country, and comparison of analysis to prior period, etc .
- 10+ years of progressive payroll experience with a minimum of 5+ years of global people management experience
- Able to travel to the various Shared Service sites on a quarterly basis, and more if required
- Able to work within various timezones when required
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Strong experience in development of efficiencies in payroll processes, directing changes, and internal controls
- In-depth knowledge of International payroll regulations and reporting requirements, including current multi-country payroll tax experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills, ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities, meet deadlines and thrive under the pressure of time constraints while maintain accuracy and focus on attention to detail
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proactive, assertive, strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Familiarity of international payroll processing systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Workday, and/or NetSuite system is a plus
- Strong, professional interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership, project management, change management, and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Superior leadership and management skills supported by a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team environment
- 15% Travel Required (first year may be up to 30% travel)
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.