Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
Role: Inside Sales Rep - DoD
Location: McLean, VA
Do you want to make an impact and expand your sales knowledge and learn from the best? Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and help businesses think differently? If you answered yes then we might have a home here for you at Splunk! The Inside Sales Rep (for Named Accounts) will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Splunk. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award-winning software into well known/brand named companies. You have a consistent record of selling software or services and you know how to build beneficial, positive relationships with customers.
You will follow up with inbound leads and status update through the company CRM system as well as conduct outbound prospecting and lead generation. You are an expert at qualifying leads and you will schedule product demos for customers.
- Display a real passion for running accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services. In addition, you will:
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Partner with field sales representatives in various geo/territories. Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
You have around 2-4 years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance). As well as a solid reputation for consultative sales experience at meaningful companies/businesses with the innate ability to innovate and references to back it up.
- Proven track record of exceeding yearly quota
- Previously worked in fast-growing software sales company
- Reputation for success in consultative sales environments and putting the customer first
- You have developed and nurtured new business and managed sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Able to commute daily to our fun Tysons Corner office (this is not a remote position)
- Stellar interpersonal skills
- A logical and analytical thinker and have demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude, strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also be a contributing member of a team and share your successes
- Desire to grow within the sales field organization
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication skills
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.