Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's People Operations Team (SPOT) is chartered to provide both proactive and reactive support for HR Programs and the employee lifecycle. We are a relatively new team and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the build out of the HR shared service function. Your ability to balance between day to day operations, leading others and dedicated projects will ensure your success.
As the SPOT EMEA Manager at Splunk, you have knowledge and experience in the key functional areas of HR with an emphasis on leading and growing talent. You will collaborate with your global counterparts to evolve, deliver and enhance HR processes and programs, as well as lead the progression of the function and the broadening of the scope of services provided. Strong organisational change, communication and interpersonal skills will help you work successfully on a broad spectrum of global projects. You are a champion of our culture and ensure treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our values, core behaviours, and leadership.
- Lead a team of HR Shared Services professionals based in various countries in EMEA to deliver accurate and timely services to the organisation and to continually aim for improvements and efficiencies
- Provide overall prioritisation of work assignments and management of team resources and activities
- Build and maintain a strong functional team through effective recruiting, training, mentoring, team building and organisational planning
- Instil a strong customer-focused approach within the team to ensure adherence to service levels and the delivery of exceptional employee experience to employees at all levels
- Serve as a point of escalation for Employee Relations/Labor Relations matters
- Support dedicated annual HR Programs that improve the employee and manager experience
- Act in a subject matter authority for one or more of the following: HR functional area(s), line(s) of business, or HR Program(s)
- Develop and deliver training modules in conjunction with our Learning and Development team
- Design, collect and analyze multiple levels of data including employee feedback
- Partner across organisational functions to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- Analyze, diagnose, provide input and partner for the design and progression of HR programs, policies, and practices
- You have at least 8-12 years of increasing HR responsibility experience including 3 years of management experience with demonstrated success in building, leading and motivating effective teams.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience within a Shared Service organisation preferably international with a matrix structure, based in EMEA
- High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
- Successfully designed and delivered programs/projects including full-scale change management
- Technically proficient with Google suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Exhibit validated customer service skills and are committed to enhancing the employee experience
- Can develop an objective point of view, consistent with Splunk’s values and can navigate different agendas and desired outcomes, by being curious, balanced, equitable and able to operate with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Standout colleague with strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills and establish relationships working with senior leaders and across organisational lines
- Highly analytical thinker and a problem solver
- Pay attention to detail and are committed to the delivery of quality/accurate work products
- Experience supporting the EMEA region
- Act with a sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- Stellar project and change management skills with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects to closure
- Exhibit confidence and are an innovative thinker
- You are not satisfied with "checking the box" or just pulling out "what we did at my last job"
- Solid understanding of Workday and ServiceNow
- You are a certified HR professional
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.