At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Do to our expansive growth, we are seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Public Sector HHS Strategic Program Manager. The focus of the role is to influence pipeline and create long-term revenue around Health and Human Service (HHS) opportunities. You will work closely with our sales organization in a fast-paced environment facilitating harmonious account and opportunity development. The position will require travel as you will create awareness within State and Local government agencies, work with SI’s, Sales, BD and Capture teams and provide though leadership in the HHS space. You will also drive adoption/incorporation of Splunk technologies & services into HHS specific solutions with partners. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the SLED HHS market, a proven track record of building and managing relationships with SI’s and driving adoption of enterprise IT software solutions. You possess outstanding verbal and written interpersonal skills and you are dedicated to learning as much as you can about Splunk and building your business insight to be able to articulate the value proposition that our clients experience with Splunk.
Location: The ideal candidate is preferably located in NY, CA or TX.
Role and Responsibility:
- Promote awareness in State and Local market on Splunk HHS use cases and art of the possible
- Build and maintain relationships with key SI HHS Program leads, and state/local government HHS program and technical level executives
- Work with Splunk field sales teams to promote Splunk use cases within HHS, position Splunk on large HHS programs by working with both partners and state/local government agencies to prove Splunk value
- Understand the HHS programs, procurement cycle, federal funding models, influence future opportunities and track current RFPs, proactively engage with partners to drive Splunk adoption in HHS solutions and bids
- Push awareness in the HHS community – elevate Splunk’s strategic status with partners, drive executive, capture, and technology relationships, push go-to-market solutions
- Assist with HHS program sales strategies – engage and coordinate with Splunk sales, SI sell-through & capture management teams to identify relevant SI’s, develop program specific value propositions and bid strategies
- Drive adoption of Splunk technology & services during the program capture phase – execute program specific BD plans; push program focused value propositions; arrange demos and deep dives; negotiate positions on SI teams; ensure SI’s are getting proposal & tech support; help SI’s win w/ Splunk
- Manage an HHS specific pipeline report that is regularly communicated and reported on
- Drive Splunk Software as a technology standard within partner’s HHS solutions
- Keep up to date on major government HHS programs and map Splunk to solution requirements
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years direct selling/business development experience selling enterprise software in the SLED Market
- Deep understanding of HHS initiatives and programs that could drive significant revenue for Splunk, has contacts at key SI’s and IT ecosystem partners
- Extensive experience & demonstrated success working with major SI’s in a sales & business development capacity on program capture and delivering revenue on IT infrastructure programs
- Demonstrated success in establishing NDA’s & teaming agreements with SI’s
- Demonstrated success in winning multi-million dollar large SLED programs
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Executive presence, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, successful working across organizations and structuring new approaches to pursue and close opportunities
- Entrepreneurial –strong work ethic, creative, resourceful, “get it done” attitude
- A consistent over achievement of sales goals
- Ability to travel 25-40%+
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred
- US Citizenship required