Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our product, but also seek to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers! At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey and family.
We are looking for a strategic, collaborative, passionate, high-energy, hands-on, results-oriented “driver” who can operate in a matrixed corporate environment across multiple functions and teams. Splunk is in the process of reimaging its Social Impact Vision, Mission and 3-year strategy. This person will accelerate the implementation of Splunk’s updated Social Impact strategy, drive operational excellence, and support the execution of internal partnership, program development and implementation. A key success factor for this role is commitment and skills to be a bridger across sectors, cultures, communities and internally at Splunk and drive impact reflective of the 3-year strategy. Does this sound like an opportunity with the right dose of challenge and excitement? If so, apply today!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive operational execution, business insights and analytics, planning and project management
- You will navigate a rapidly evolving dynamic system and lead a broad range of activities of varying degrees of complexity shifting from strategy to tactical execution, as needed.
- Strong execution and organizational skills and ability to create, optimize, and drive structured schedules and project plans across projects and cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate among Splunk department stakeholders without direct ownership of resources by driving cross-functional collaboration and help connect Splunk workstreams that may otherwise remain siloed.
- Ensure Social Impact operations are aligned with Splunk Mission, Vision, Values and Company Priorities. Splunk is a sales and product driven organization therefore; alignment with Key business objectives is key.
- Act as a force multiplier, ensure efficiency and effectiveness in developing and driving the Splunk Social Impact 3-year roadmap
- Strategic partner and collaborative approach with Chief of Social Impact, team and all stakeholders (internally and externally)
Strategic program design, evaluation and measurement
- Translate team goals into concrete milestones; monitor and review milestones and deadlines with key stakeholders
- Help define key performance indicators and OKRs and work across team and departments to create and update dashboards to track progress on milestones
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of data and metrics
- Develop, translate and present key operational metrics to key stakeholders - Splunk Executive leadership, cross Splunk partners and collaborators - tailoring accordingly
- Develop and present key operational metrics to external stakeholders, partners and collaborators, tailor accordingly.
- Work to integrate reporting for the broad social impact work and ESG reporting for investors.
Coaching and Mentoring
- Accountable for the management and mentoring of your team, supporting them in their development, and skill building, holding them accountable to role and level expectations.
- Lead and implement a strong culture of social impact building on Splunk’s purpose.
- Lead team communications and drive speed and quality of information and communication flows across the organization.
- Manage internal budgets to meet Social Impact team’s operational commitments, coordinating closely with the legal department (where Social Impact is housed) and Finance.
- Coordinate reporting across Splunk’s program areas, (employee engagement, philanthropy, impact technology, product donations, Workforce Development, and ESG)
- Lead the budget planning process connected to Social Impact Strategy in collaboration with the Chief of Social Impact
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Solid track record in collaboration and bridging between stakeholders and functions and a belief in the power of bridging
- High level of integrity, stellar judgment, and discretion to handle and manage the full scope of highly sensitive, confidential, and non-public information
- Ability to orchestrate strategic and complex cross-functional business activities and projects with sharp business acuity, creativity, and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to propose workable solutions to problems by analyzing trade-offs among alternative solutions.
- Substantial individual contributor with a proven track record of driving results by directing cross-functional teams with people at different levels across disparate groups
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to combine and balance qualitative analysis with a proven understanding of strategy, operations, interpersonal and technical competencies
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to make decisions in uncertain environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at leading and managing without authority
- Ability to work at and navigate all levels of an organization, driving decisions and direction through influence
- 10+ years of experience working directly for C-level executives, and with numerous groups and functions in enterprise technology companies, high-growth software or software-related services businesses experience preferred
- Bachelor of Arts of Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.