The Global Partner Organization (GPO) plays a meaningful role in Splunk’s cloud growth and digital transformation with customers. The Head of Programs & Strategy is responsible for driving the strategy to modernize the partner program and build a holistic approach to working across multiple partner business models for ecosystem success with our customers. Our mission is to accelerate Partner success in the market through people, programs, investments, and campaigns across the partner lifecycle. This senior leader will work closely with marketing, communications, and field teams to map out and oversee all external industry, community, and press engagements to drive Splunk’s brand, its customer imperatives, and its pipeline.
The GPO is hiring for a senior leader responsible to manage a team who will play an instrumental role in delivering the modernization of partner program, experience and engagements via the execution of the following strategic priorities:
- Build and modernize partner experience, implementing a comprehensive co-sell strategy to accelerate our transformation to solution selling including Partner Co-Sell Programs strategy and execution of Partnerverse.
- Expand new business models and support the strategy and execution, including program governance across functional teams at Splunk to ensure we achieve breakthroughs in rapidly growing capacity through recruit & activation of broader partner ecosystem to activate and grow profitable business practices
- Leadership and execution of the partner programs for MSSP, CSP, GSI, ISV and other new and emerging channels
- Programmatic GTM strategy definition and execution to accelerate and improve impact of how we take the best partner solutions to market and sell together including:
- Engagement framework for predictable and effective joint Co-Marketing and Co-Sell with top partners across the solution areas and partner types.
- Programs execution: overseeing across functional leadership for broad approach from lead generation, pipeline acceleration; events integration, communications, PR and onboarding and activation.
- Build digital strategy to support ongoing growth of partner ecosystem, advocacy, portal and intersection of marketing and enablement for unified approach with the partner.
- 15+ years of experience in product or channel marketing, partner channel development, business development, through partner marketing, in the IT industry
- Proven track record and experience in partner sales & marketing programs, strategy and execution.
- Proven management experience in leading, developing, and motivating team members
- Past experience identifying strategic partner alignment and partner program gaps and collaborating with owners and stakeholders to improve partner engagement in cloud opportunities.
- Critical thinking with demonstrated creative problem solving of sophisticated business issues through analytics, data driven insights, organizational skills, and good judgment
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive goals to completion.
- Possess decision-making, creative problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Have an ability to keep pace in a rapidly changing environment, which requires prioritization, constant learning, prioritizing multiple responsibilities at once, and taking calculated risks.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency across cloud capabilities.
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $224,000 - 308,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $211,200 - 290,400 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $190,400 - 261,800 per year