Join us as we pursue our Data-to-EverythingTM vision. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver. Innovators in IT, Security, IoT and business operations can now get a complete view of their business in real time, turn data into business outcomes, and embrace technologies that prepare them for a data-driven future.
Building one of the world’s fastest growing enterprise software companies requires a Growth Mindset, and Splunkers embody this in everything they do. You inspire excellence, drive exceptional performance and work as a team to rise above constraints. You live Splunk values to create a world-class place to work.
Success in a well-established, steady, and predictable business doesn’t translate to success at Splunk. The successful Head of, Digital Transformation Strategy has experience delivering results today, while looking ahead and planning for rapid, scalable growth. You thrive on navigating complex networks and building relationships internally and externally to solve problems. On the journey you reap the rewards of working with a fun, diverse, global team of the best in the business, in an environment of constant learning where and ideas come to life
Our customers rely on Splunk’s Data-to-Everything platform to provide the insight they need to spur innovation and growth. As our customers transform and move to the Splunk Cloud, we provide them with the unique ability to move massive amounts of data across security, IT, and DevOps to more rapidly act on it across their business.
Our customers are adopting the Splunk Cloud to increase their agility, reduce costs, decrease time to market, and drive faster time to insight, And as we drive digital transformation with our customers, the tools, processes, workflows, and operational cadences we need to be successful also need to transform.
The Head of Digital Transformation Strategy is a trusted advisor to the President & Chief Growth Officer to identify and implement internal and customer-facing initiatives that remove barriers to success and accelerate growth – and is a key liaison to the field, partners, customers and internal stakeholders.
This role will be a key point of integration across Splunk’s core GTM functions – synthesizing information for the President & CGO, and representing the voice of the President in customer, partner, and internal settings. The Head of Digital Transformation Strategy will also work closely with marketing, communications, and field teams to map out and oversee all external industry, community, and press engagements for the President to drive Splunk’s brand, its customer imperatives, and its pipeline.
While a core responsibility of the role will be to identify issues, opportunities, and solutions, other areas of focus areas include:
Internal Process Optimization
- Implementing and overseeing clear and consistent internal systems and processes for repeatable operational procedures.
- Facilitating best practice sharing across the business and driving change initiatives.
- Identifying issues that are impacting internal operational efficiency and customer experience across the selling cycle.
- Building predictable and scalable internal operational cadences to drive clear and efficient decision making across GTM teams.
- Identifying barriers to success and working with key stakeholders to build resolution plans and track execution.
- Ensuring tools and systems that touch the field and/or customers are enablers to success.
- Developing and overseeing cadence and format of GTM Leadership meetings.
- Facilitating communication between the President and GTM leaders, ensuring responsiveness to critical issues in a timely manner.
Communications and Customer Engagement
- Defining overarching themes for executive-to-executive engagement.
- Partnering with key stakeholders to build customer case studies.
- Overseeing Executive Briefing Center process and format.
- Preparing for critical internal and external meetings including customer, partner, E-Staff and Board of Directors.
- Identifying strategic partner alignment and partner program gaps and collaborating with owners and stakeholders to enhance partner engagement in Splunk Cloud opportunities.
- Developing strong trusted advisor/partner relationships with key client and internal stakeholders
- In coordination with PR, marketing, and communications, defining the strategy for executive engagement in outside boards, councils, and think tanks.
- Overseeing executive communications including social media, keynotes, and other speaking engagements to ensure consistent messaging.
- Communicating observable and developing trends in customer engagement to stakeholders to continue to evolve messaging, tools, processes, and solutions to address customers’ missions.
- In close coordination with the President & CGO, defining and executing programs to expand Splunk’s investment in nonprofit, education, and community activities.
- BA/BS in computer science or STEM-related field with an advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in channel or sales strategy & operations.
- 10+ years of experience relationship building and influencing at the C-level of Fortune 50 customers.
- 10+ years’ experience leading enterprise sales and partner teams; second-line management experience required.
- Experience building and leading customer-driven sales and partner teams.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, analytical skills and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive goals to completion.
- Possess decision-making, creative problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Have an ability to keep pace in a rapidly changing environment, which requires prioritization, constant learning, juggling multiple responsibilities at once, and taking calculated risks.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
To be successful in the role, the Head of Digital Transformation and Strategy must have embodied a set of core competencies in an environment that is consistent with the pace and scale of Splunk. The right candidate can provide meaningful examples of when and how they demonstrated these behaviors and their impact on the business.
- Drives Results: Energized by achievement; sets stretch targets and delivers exceptional results in challenging conditions.
- Drives Innovative Change: Creates an environment where challenges are embraced as opportunities.
- Strategic Thought Leadership: Clear strategic thinker who recognizes and seizes opportunities. Consistently applies up-to-date professional expertise to develop and optimize a winning strategy, and exhibits excellent judgement in all decisions.
- Energizes Others and Fosters Teamwork: Applies understanding of people and clear communication to build partnerships and work collaboratively to meet shared objectives.
- Owns Personal Growth and Learning: Understands the impact their actions have on others and seeks out knowledge and opportunities for learning and self-improvement.
Travel Requirements and Demands:
The role can be based remotely in North America. Extensive travel both domestically and internationally will be required (when global travel regulations permit) – this could be greater than 50%.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.