We are looking for a Dynamic Partner Sales Leader to help us continue to build and expand our Partner program throughout South Asia, and to lead and inspire our Partners Sales Manager team. You will have the opportunity to use your leadership, motivational and strategic business skills to make an impact and help change the way business and organizations run their businesses and you will have a blast doing it! Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating sales and services through the indirect sales channel of our Partners, resellers, distributors and representing the Company to the Channel partners across South Asia. Additionally, Splunk will be operationalizing new Route-to-market with OEM manufacturers, cloud players, as well as Managed Service Providers. The successful candidate should be well versed in and understands the business modelling and dynamics of the existing partner eco-system as well as new RTMs, and effectively develops both short term execution plans and strategic growth/acceleration plan. The Channel Sales Manager will be involved in aspects of many sales-oriented activities, including marketing (field and electronic), internal channel structure, sales, promotions and shows, coordination of training, relating to partners.
Reporting to the Head of Channel Sales, APAC, this responsibility will be accomplished by establishing professional working relationships with the Splunk sales teams, the Channel Partners and Splunk Professional Services, Marketing and Support teams and by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of prospects and customers within the Partners’ respective fields of specialty and expertise.
- Take accountability for Splunk’s South Asia Partner business plan, strategy and execution ensuring alignment with Splunk APAC’s overall strategy to drive top line revenue growth
- Drive, lead and grow joint sales pipelines across all motions to sell Splunk to all Partner types to meet and exceed revenue targets. Hence, knowledge of resell, distribution, MSP, OEM, cloud selling motions would be ideal.
- Recruitment of new potential partners
- Effective identification, recruitment, onboarding, motivation of new and appropriate Partners and develop the Splunk business across all priority territories in South East Asia + India.
- Develop a joint value proposition for each Partnership and communicate internally and externally. Build business plans with timelines, success metrics and planned activities to achieve business goals
- Work closely with Global/APAC teams (sales engineering, Professional Services, Education teams) to develop all Partner enablement programs according to the business plan across NA.
- Introduce and launch Partners to Splunk Sales, Marketing and Services and create, manage and participate in joint marketing events
- Splunk Managed Partners (SMPs) & Big Bet partners
- Define specific partner business plans with SMPs/Big Bet partners and align closely with LAER model for client management and new business development
- Drive accountability and success with SMPs through clear KPI / metric set-up (eg partner sourced pipelines, new logos, renewals, expansion, influenced revenue)
- Ability to secure investment from SMPs
- Regular governance and cadence at CxO / Managing Directors / senior management level on both sides to drive continued focus and success
- Develop cadence for and joint accountability with internal stakeholder communications, planning, and sharing of success metrics
- Versatile at driving cross-functional engagements.
- Building s successful and motivated team and develop a career progression plan for them.
- Significant track record of successful sales leadership, ideally within the software and services market with validated quota overachievement
- Experience in successfully working in a matrixed, fast-moving and constantly changing sales environments
- Minimum 15 years of successful channel related sales experience in the technology industry, ideally within Software market
- Validated experience in developing long term relationships with Executive Leadership within Tier1 and 2 Channel Partners in South Asia.
- Strong leadership skills - able to motivate and guide a geographically dispersed team to achieve and exceed stretch quota goals while building a cohesive team.
- Consistent record in Recruiting, Retaining & Developing key talent
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to engage with and present to executive level
- Proven business and industry knowledge and experience in building Channel partnerships
- Ability to understand business issues and articulate the Splunk value proposition
- Shown ability to engage and influence the field and sales management