We are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to join our team as GVP, Public Sector Sales. This position reports to the VP of Americas & Public Sector. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing large, high performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Role: GVP, Public Sector
Location: McLean, VA
The GVP of Public Sector Sales will define the annual GTM strategy, business plan and market tactics in order to meet annual business goals. They will establish and lead a cross-functional team of experienced sales leaders and account executives in growing a productive and sustainable sales pipeline across the complex territory of the US Federal government, Canadien Federal government, State & Local governments and Higher Education institutions. This person will help transform and integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Open, inclusive and team oriented, building a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency.
- Growth mindset with the ability to outline the long term vision and strategy
- Demonstrating strategic thought leadership, engaging to deploy invested capital to drive higher value opportunities
- Attainment and consistent overachievement of Public Sector team quota
- Review and revise market strategy while maintaining strong market and industry relationships with the Public Sector ecosystem - customers, partners, consultants, boards and councils.
- Build quarterly demand generation plans with marketing and channel partners
- Drive field requirements into Marketing, Operations and Product Management
- Track record of a strong partnership with Customer Success, and promoting practices that increase customer adoption and expansion
- Provide “hands on” coaching and account strategy support throughout sales cycle(s)
- Engaged with hiring managers and helping recruit accordingly
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasting to the Vice President of Americas/PBST
In an environment that is innovative, open, passionate, disruptive, direct, team and results oriented, the new Group Vice President, Public Sector will contribute to overall business strategy by:
- Strong Executive Presence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at recruiting and developing world-class public sector-based sales leadership.
- Track record of communicating truthfully, candidly, and openly; effective listener.
- A performance driven mentality, and always demanding accountability from themselves and others.
- Ability to motivate others and reward effective behaviors of all team members
- Demonstrating a high degree of self-awareness
- Focusing on self-development, and encouraging others around him/her to constantly focus on ways to improve and grow as a professional
- 10+ years of related software sales experience
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience with Public Sector market
- 3+ years experience as a third (or fourth line) sales leader
- Must have previously led a $100M+ (minimum) ARR sales organization
- Multiple years exceeding sales plan with software sales (as a leader)
- Multiple years exceeding plan selling to public sector organizations (as a leader)
- Must have sales leadership experience with all public sector customer markets: Federal, Canadian Federal, State & Local Government, Higher Education
- Experience with contract negotiations with all markets
- Mastery of Consultative/solution selling methodologies like MEDDPICC, Challenger, Solution Selling, and Sandler
- Technically strong and accustomed to selling into CIOs, CTOs and Line of Business
- Operationally strong and brings process and rigor to his/her organization
- Experienced with a broad span of control covering the entire US and parts of Canada
- An innovator with the courage to nourish “outside the box” thinking to surface and pursue new ideas
- A resource manager who prioritizes competing needs and aligns people and financial resources accordingly
- Capable at managing shifting priorities and demonstrates the ability to adapt to situational changes frequently
- Top Secret Clearance desired (ability to obtain or maintain a clearance required)
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.