Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an extraordinary Partner leader to join our team as “Area Vice President, Global Systems Integrators” in EMEA. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record in building and leading high performing teams that exceed partner sourced targets and associated company priorities. Your role will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance...are you up for the challenge?
The Area Vice President – GSIs EMEA is responsible for generating the model for exponential growth with our GSIs and drives growth through this RTM for our Sales Team in EMEA. This Leader will work closely with the Splunk Field Sales Leadership to ensure that both the needs of Splunk and those of the partners are being optimized. The ideal candidate will have the skills to lead the team to execute alliance-driven revenues to a position of market leadership.
What We're Looking For:
- Success in hiring, leading, coaching and developing successful teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key partners, at our customers and inside of Splunk
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Develop a team of first line partner leaders and partner closely with other functional teams.
- Lead by example, set expectations, and follow through effectively.
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Consistently deliver against targets of partner sourced business – ensuring company goals, and objectives that are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Predictable forecast of monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for GSIs in EMEA.
- Effectively manage your region by considering who your focus partners will be, and who the ones that will go into incubation, leveraging your industry expertise combined with Splunk’s data driven market analysis and partner incubation framework; establish accurate plans and business plans; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to achieve overall goals.
- Put into place team structure, process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will bring together key opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Lead on behalf of the team in Splunk Partner marketing and demand generation activities
- Unearth customer insights, define joint value proposition, determine appropriate go to market strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team demonstrates and deploys resources expertly and for the highest impact.
- Collaborating with sales engineering, sales, customer success, renewals professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a flawless customer experience.
- 15+ years of enterprise software sales and/or alliances experience. Minimum of 5 years management experience, with 2nd line management experience preferred
- Previous experience managing enterprise software alliances with the Global Outsourcers and Systems Integrators.
- Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience is mandatory.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure software licensing and SaaS transactions
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Capability to develop in-depth knowledge of a partner’s business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure, using this to create an Alliance Business Plan.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanour.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Team player with consistent success in cross-functional organizational structures
- Demonstrated ability to develop vision and strategic direction
- Ability to think strategically and creatively coupled with strong analytical and business problem-solving skills
- Strategic sales orientation and experience
- Ability to travel ~40%
- Fluent in English (both written & spoken) is mandatory and preferably another European Language.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.