Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to join our team as Group Vice President, Sales - Commercial. This position reports to the VP of Americas & Public Sector. The GVP will develop & execute market tactics to meet annual business goals. They will lead a cross-functional team of sales leaders and account executives in growing a productive and sustainable sales pipeline across the complex territory. This person will help transform and integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing large, high-performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk. Your role will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
Preferred Locations: Plano TX, Tysons VA, Tampa FL, Vancouver, CA
What We Offer You:
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading and developing high performing sales leaders/teams.
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments.
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Splunk.
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision-makers around a common objective.
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement.
- Manage a team of second-line sales leaders and partner closely with other functional teams.
- Lead by example, set expectations, and follow through effectively.
- Open, inclusive, and team-oriented, building a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency.
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Consistently deliver against targets – ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for assigned region.
- Effectively develop, design, build, and execute all aspects of the Commercial business plan to predictably and consistently generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective of overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Unearth customer insights, define the value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Growth mindset with the ability to outline the long term vision and strategy.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team leverages and deploys resources efficiently and for the highest impact. Collaborating with sales engineering, channels/alliances, customer success, renewals professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 10+ years experience building and running enterprise sales teams in the software industry.
- 3+ years experience as a third line (or fourth line) sales leader.
- Must have previously led a $70M+ (minimum) ARR sales organization.
- Sales experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and data / analytics.
- Expertise in team selling with customer success, pre-sales, renewals, partners, and services.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Mastery of Consultative/solution selling methodologies like MEDDPICC, Challenger, Solution Selling, and Sandler.
- Technically strong and accustomed to selling into CIOs, CTOs and Line of Business.
- Operationally strong and experienced bringing process and rigor to his/her organization.
- An innovator with the courage to nourish “outside the box” thinking to surface and pursue new ideas.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus.
- Ability to travel ~50%.