Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
To grow the demand for Splunk in the market through learning and ensure customers, partners and Splunkers can effectively build their capability to deliver outcomes with Splunk, the Global Technical Enablement and Education organization is looking for an innovative, hands-on, and experienced Global Technical Enablement Leader to join our team! This is an incredible opportunity to ensure that the Splunk technical field organization, partner and customer ecosystem have the technical knowledge and skills needed to grow the business and be highly successful. By demonstrating deep technical background and knowledge of how people learn, the right leader will provide strategic vision and also execute tactically to help us expand, evolve, and modernize our technical enablement programs.
- Build and execute a technical enablement strategy, process and prioritized offering roadmap for Splunk’s portfolio of products and solutions that ensure key roles and personas across Splunkers, partners and customers receive the right technical education at the right time.
- Build an operating framework of standards and key performance indicators to demonstrate the execution and business impact of the strategy.
- Own release readiness across Customer Success teams and roles. Own systems, processes and influence so the CS teams are represented with Product Team Leads (Dev, PMO, Doc, QA) on new Product and Feature introductions. Ensure new products/releases meet CS New Product Introduction (NPI) checklist in preparation for product release.
- Facilitate organization-wide collaboration, working closely with the Technical Content Development team, subject matter experts and stakeholders who are critical to defining business requirements, technical and foundational skills frameworks, content and materials and who will reinforce consistency, commitment and help reduce redundant efforts.
- Lead a team responsible for overseeing the content lifecycle process in alignment with product releases including program management, documentation, onboarding and ongoing enablement curriculum.
- Build a scalable framework that delivers effective and measurable enablement to the field based on business and customer goals.
- Evaluate business performance metrics and review learner and partner feedback to advise strategy and continuously improve quality of content, format, and delivery worldwide
- Review, update, build and deliver enablement periodically to stay connected to our technical field and learners.
- Implement, manage, and promote the effective use of education technology such as learning management systems, sales enablement platforms, video-sharing services, content development, virtual delivery platforms and evaluation tools.
- Lead a hard-working distributed team ensuring ongoing talent management and career development.
- Demonstrated ability delivering and creating technical training at Enterprise/SaaS companies.
- Understand the customer facing technical ecosystem including the diverse enablement needs of various functions like presales, delivery, support and partners.
- Knowledge of Splunk, monitoring, networking, and security.
- Ability to work independently with a “make it happen” attitude; can operate and execute in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; problem solver and quick learner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; able to speak in front of senior leaders as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Passionate about doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support the growth of the business.
- Project management skills and demonstrated success in managing competing priorities timely and within budget.
- Experience with education technology such as learning management systems, sales enablement platforms, video services, content development tools, and virtual delivery platforms.
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field or relevant experience.
Proven ability to influence and closely partner with:
- Customer Success Field Leadership to ensure our programs are meeting the needs of our professional services, sales engineers, and technical support agent.
- Product Management and Engineering to align product releases with content updates.
- Content developers to create instructionally sound, engaging, and interactive technical enablement content.
- Global Field Enablement team members who are creating sales enablement and product-based learning experiences.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.