Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an experienced Strategist (technical and think Solution Architect) to join our Global Service Provider (SP) Sales Team, where you will be the key technical resource for our relationships into the top Managed Services Providers (strategic partners). This is not your traditional solutions architect role where you go from demo to POC and repeat the process. You'll work closely with our Global Service Providers and executives to identify and align Splunk’s capabilities to drive business outcomes for our partners’ use of Splunk solutions, both internally and as part of their service offerings.
The responsibilities for this role include: providing technical product and deep architectural expertise; supporting, staffing and speaking at partner events; providing presentations at the C-level, and delivering ongoing communication of the latest Splunk capabilities and partner enablement. In addition, you will build groundbreaking prototypes to support your account business plans and drive additional “Design in” adoption. You will need to be, or quickly become, a Splunk expert so our partners can be successful with Splunk products. Deep understanding of the service provider (MSP/MSSP/Out-sourcer) ecosystem is highly preferred. You’ll be asked to demonstrate Splunk apps and products on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events. This is a top-level individual contributor role, with commensurate expectations of performance, professionalism, integrity and problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain leverage-able relationships with key technical staff and leadership in the designated global SP accounts.
- Understand and articulate the accounts’ enterprise and solution architectures, and priorities, and identify where Splunk products can have the most impact.
- Work in close collaboration with the GSP sales execs to build and execute a technical business plan
- Qualify technical opportunities and provide pre-sales technical support through the sales cycle
- Serve as a technical advisor to the account on Splunk technology
- Design and launch differentiated service provider offerings; see your work impact the business!
- Participate in and deliver Business Reviews and executive briefings
- Identifying, leading, and contributing to the creation of various resources (white papers, workshops, lunch/learn)
- 10+ years relevant Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience, selling enterprise software products to IT organizations and C-level officers
- Deep understanding/experience with global MSPs
- Expertise or understanding of multiple technical domains: IT infrastructure, Security, DevOps, Analytics, Application Management, and Cloud computing/products/services
- Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms including SaaS PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation.
- Product and/or Project Management experience is preferred
- Committed Curiosity - with a desire to question, research, learn and grow (on repeat)
- Forward-thinking learning - able to quickly grasp the essence of new issues and concepts
- Collaboration - work across teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Bias for action -address new opportunities and challenges, set, communicate, lead, and meet results-oriented achievements and deadlines
- Eye For Business - strong understanding of how IT service providers, business process outsourcers and managed service providers make money, as well as the industry pressures they face
- Don’t just talk, listen. Ability to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations (aka red tape)
- Should be available to travel to visit your accounts, up to 30% of the time (including international travel, so must have a valid passport!)
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree, MS/MBA degree preferred
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills, and educate you on processes. But you need to come with your own self-motivation, unflagging curiosity, and belief in “the art of possible” with technology, and a strong desire to work with an awesome team with a positive mentality
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.